Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: IRBs

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Re: IRB timing

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra132
    This has been an interesting post. One point of order that I think is important. I have noticed that decisions made regarding on track incidents are often made in between races when the emotional waves are cresting. The CCR section 27.3 states that the IRB will meet at the end of the days activities. I know I have learned not to make decisions on emotionally charged issues without sleeping on them for at least a night or 2. FMR
    In most other regions, they only have one race a day compared to our two...a great benefit in TX! Determining action is a necessity to grid our second race since we usually invert from finishing order.... our directors have modified accordingly!
    That's true, Matt.

What if everyone understands that an IRBs decision can be made later and a driver's "penalty" can be enforced at the next race, whether it be tomorrow or next month. Make it a log book entry so that the race directors will remember if there is a long period of time between races.

That would solve that problem.

You know, we always have a couple of bottles of wine and a bottle of Crown in the trailer, we would be glad to host (not participate in) an IRB.

After a few pops tempers tend to die down and winners don't feel as vindicated and losers don't feel as screwed.

How you work out the details of problems that come up after the 1st race of a 2 race day, I don't know. NASA frowns on a bunch of drunk "mellow" drivers out for race 2.

If not Crown, maybe just some time for things to cool off would be in order. (I still like the whiskey route myself)

IRB or not, I think I need to make a habit of hanging out in your trailer! :lol:
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I like Dave's suggestion. Just make sure you eat something first. :wink:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    IRB or not, I think I need to make a habit of hanging out in your trailer! :lol:
    Yeah! Dave, you need to make sure to make the rest of the events this year man! Our livers are counting on you! :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

Missed TWS, wouldn't miss Hallett for anything in the world.

Come on by the trailer, we always have something for your liver after the races are over.