Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Magic Brake pads

WTB: Magic Brake pads

I hear y'all out there in Texas have got some magic brake pads that can last all season on a CMC car. Where can I get me some of those? I heard about these from one of your rookies who told me I just need to learn how to use my brakes and they'll last for a whole season or more. But I think he must be using different pads than me.
    Matt King
    OH-IN/Midwest CMC 03

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Same vendor as the magic ivy beans.

jb

Tony G?
    Matt King
    OH-IN/Midwest CMC 03

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I buy my pads from Tony... They do in fact last an entire season.

Currently with two weekends to go ....they are roughly half. I also make an entire season one set of rotors.

The rear pads and rotors are going on two years.

Brakes are for..... well you know the rest.

That's cool. I actually get about the same life out of the Carbos. Close to two seasons on front rotors, 5-6 weekends on pads, which is most of a "season." But I really don't like to run them too close to the backing plates because it puts a lot of heat into the calipers that way, so I save those real thin ones for practice sessions, not longer races and certainly not the National Championship races.

Just poking a little fun at some of you boys in Texas. You got some fast guys down there, and a few who are even faster on the Internet. :wink:
    Matt King
    OH-IN/Midwest CMC 03

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: WTB: Magic Brake pads

Quote Originally Posted by King Matt
    I hear y'all out there in Texas have got some magic brake pads that can last all season on a CMC car. Where can I get me some of those? I heard about these from one of your rookies who told me I just need to learn how to use my brakes and they'll last for a whole season or more. But I think he must be using different pads than me.
    I run the PF01's and will come close to making the season on one set. Of course I'm slow like Bryan. LOL

On my Vette with stock C6 brakes and my Lightning with the Wilwood brakes I was able to run spacers made from 5052 alum. between the pad and the caliper. On the Fox, because of the sheet metal spring that you have to push into the hole in the caliper, I can't run the spacers. With spacers you can pull a lot of heat out of the brakes and run the pad until it's completely gone. With the set-up on my Fox I get worried about pad thickness on any that are past half gone.

Come on down here Matt and run with us slow-ass Texas back markers. Your welcome anytime!

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Matt-you sound like a Ricer.
    Todd-you should add his name to the list of 'you might be a ricer if:'

Why are your mylaps time confidential? Are you trying to hide something like you might be hiding in your engine?

For what its worth I get my front pads from Tony (Carbotech) and my rears are from Autozone until I get a proportioning valve installed.

You should try and make an event with us such as Hallett. I would suggest trying to follow JB to see how little you need to use your brakes.

Why don't you guys come to the Nationals?
    Matt King
    OH-IN/Midwest CMC 03

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Been there, done that.
    Oh, also, I'm not a fan of the track.
    jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Matt
    Why don't you guys come to the Nationals?
    Too damned expensive...not too mention I already can't beat the NC and I do not have to spend thousands to prove it. ops: