Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My NASA Nats 2008 story.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i have a nw sponsor for 2009 - Donut City. there slogan is Donuts for the masses. (donuts for everyone :wink: )

Huge congratulations to Glenn for the win. I've loved reading all the stories you guys have posted here, on camaromustangchallenge, etc. I've been following CMC for many years (and pushed several drivers into ya'lls clutches!) and while it seems that rules creep is getting out of hand (to me anyway) it is most certain that the Texas guys work and play hard and they do it together. Big thumbs up folks!!!

Adam's accounts from the other side of the helmet are insightful and it is obvious he did a great job really applying the correct rules in the correct manner and being totally up front about it. Kudos!

JB, for those of us that don't know who is in the pictures, can you (and all ya'll that post pics) put some captions in there so we can read and learn?

I'm in SLC tonite and heading to Miller for the first time tomorrow. I'll see if I can wrangle a pace-car ride and get a better idea of the track.

Keep the stories and pics coming!

Costas
    cars and such...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch

these are of Dave Schotz post Champ race at impound talking w/ Matt King (still in his car) all the while wearing a Kuhmo f/s in a Toyo series. here DS is drumming up suport for a protest against me.

Blog Entries

this is me and Matt King just a few minutes after the Champ race. we both got sent to the dyno. i was told he was upset w/ me so i went to talk w/ him about it. i was explaining to him about DS on my left and i was kinda stuck there between them. note the smile in the last pic - he doesnt look too upset.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70

these are of Dave Schotz post Champ race at impound talking w/ Matt King (still in his car) all the while wearing a Kuhmo f/s in a Toyo series. here DS is drumming up suport for a protest against me.
    Kind of funny how the stories fly after an event. mark luna was over on corner carvers giving his account of my passes on him in Sunday's race and there wasn't one thing accurate about his account...I posted my vid to make sure he got his story straight...

I am starting to see a trend that other regional drivers tend to get a little defensive when a 'Texas Boy' shows up and whips their ass on track!!!! Suffice to say, I lost some respect for Luna as it sounds like he is just making excuses for a poor performance on his part.
    Ah, fugg it.

Member Rookie
    Kind of funny how the stories fly after an event. mark luna was over on corner carvers giving his account of my passes on him in Sunday's race and there wasn't one thing accurate about his account...I posted my vid to make sure he got his story straight...

I am starting to see a trend that other regional drivers tend to get a little defensive when a 'Texas Boy' shows up and whips their ass on track!!!! Suffice to say, I lost some respect for Luna as it sounds like he is just making excuses for a poor performance on his part.[/quote]

Mark Luna was blocking us for about 5 laps of the race. It was crap

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    BTW... Great job Tommy.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    BTW... Great job Tommy.
    No shit! If there were an award for most improved or "holy shit he got fast as fuck" award, Tommy would get it hands down! That Thunderchicken was flying with him at the wheel!!!! 8)
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    it continued w/ Matt King and Bob Denton willing to take podium pics w/out me and wouldnt return once the mistake was caught and re-take pics w/ me (yes, they were both still on property).
    I'd like to clear this up. First, I admit to dragging my feet about getting back down to take the second podium shots, but frankly it had more to do with Ginsberg getting up in my face and demanding that I drop what I was doing and immediately report back down there. I might have said some impertinent things, but trust me they were more directed at Adam than Glenn even if I inadvertently used Glenn's name. :lol: It was late, the wicked weather was rolling in, and I wanted to get outta Dodge ASAP. All I asked was for a few minutes to finish strapping my car into the trailer. When even that was a problem, I took a few more minutes. Childish, yes. When I was done, Bob and I drove back down to the grid with the truck and trailer ready to take the shots, but it was too late. So I am guilty of dragging my feet, and as a result we didn't get the shot, but it was not because I wouldn't stand on the podium with Glenn. The photos JB posted accurately access the contact situation post-race. I was pissed off at the time on track, but Glenn knows that right after the checker I pulled alongside him and gave him the thumbs-up. The situation between him and Shotz has nothing to do with me. I just wish I had been heads-up enough to take better advantage of it and stay in the lead!

If Bob and I make it out to Hallett next year like we talked about, I will gladly recreate the podium shot we missed.
    Matt King
    OH-IN/Midwest CMC 03

Blog Entries
    i glad you came here and told your side. Adam admitted to getting in your face. thats between you and him.
    that fact remains that you were willing to take your pics w/out me at one point. i would have never put my foot on that podium no matter my finishing place w/out the winner, 2nd or 3rd. i went straight to the podium in a hurry as soon as i was released from impound and was on the cart w/ Adam who was taking me there while making the results official. i was there w/in seconds of the results being official. i waited for 20 minutes or more for you guys. i got word you guys would not come back. had i had any idea you guys were coming back, i would have waited. to me its poor sportsmanship to take pics w/ out the winner, and its the same once agian by not stoping what your doing to return to correct the issue.
    in 2006, i had to stand on the podium 2 separate times w/ JG da 3rd due to forgetting to perform a hat change. we all know how we feel about him and that race finish. i didnt like it, but i did it not once, but 2 times.

shame on you guys. i hope this will be used as a learning oppertunity to everyone and that we never see this again.
    i'm not mad, just disapointed.