Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My NASA Nats 2008 story.

Glenn, we reported when called and didn't even know you weren't there or why until we were already up on the podium, since they called you last and there was a good sized crowd of people around the podium area. We stood up there looking around for you, but then they just kept going with the ceremony. I do regret we didn't get back in time to get the 2nd shot, but I'm not going to agree it was unsportsmanlike for us to be there. It was not our fault they called CMC before the results were final and you were released from impound. I know for a fact that your car was not still in impound because I was driving behind it back to the paddock when I was finally released. If you were still in impound it was for reasons unrelated to the tech inspection of your car. Let's just end this topic, since we all have our opinions about what constitutes sportsmanlike conduct, on track and off.
    Matt King
    OH-IN/Midwest CMC 03

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    your right, Jeff drove my car back. i had contact paperwork to do. one of which at the time was my fault. later i realized another was too. regardless of why i was there, i HAD to be there. and i'm not the only one who feels the same on this issue of sportsman like conduct. the Race Director, and the National Director both feel the same.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Matt
    If Bob and I make it out to Hallett next year like we talked about, I will gladly recreate the podium shot we missed.
    Man, Hallett next year is gonna be freakin sweet!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    Quote Originally Posted by King Matt
    If Bob and I make it out to Hallett next year like we talked about, I will gladly recreate the podium shot we missed.
    Man, Hallett next year is gonna be freakin sweet!!!
    It sure has the making of a much better turnout than Nats.....with just about all the same players and many many more of the nations greatest CMC drivers.(TEXAS CMC rules) :lol:

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    BTW... Great job Tommy.
    No shit! If there were an award for most improved or "holy shit he got fast as fuck" award, Tommy would get it hands down! That Thunderchicken was flying with him at the wheel!!!!

Thanks guys. Was really wanting that podium. Kinda feel I was robbed. Getting moved from 2nd to ninth in qualifying really hurt.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    great job Tommy, I got real excited when we were taking the checkered and I saw how far up you were, very cool!
    Looking forward to Hallett.

DD