Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LeMons, Feb. 09

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by wgriffin4
    I am looking for a ride for the Lemons Feb Race. We are not going to be able to finish our car in time.

Racing backgroud.....have raced since 1999 in SCCA and PCA in GT2 and GT3 Porsches. Drove in the 2008 October MSRH Lemons race...we had motor issues from the get go and only completed 100 laps.

If any teams needs another paying driver please shoot me an email.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas...

Thanks

Bill Griffin
    wgriffiniv@comcast.net
    Bill, I am running with Misti Cain's team "the purple pinballs", a pair of 1st gen Neons. One is standard and the other automatic. I'll check the driver status, but one of the conditions is the driver's "build"... We are all of medium sized drivers including 2 small females and we don't want to deal with changing seats... the cost is approx. $300 per driver plus any personal expenses for food, lodging and travel...

I drove for Frank Robertson at the last event and he had a large seat to accommodate his large "frame"... I got some bruising from sliding back and forth through the chicane... I have some pads made for my hips incase I'm invited to drive for him in the future...

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    Quote Originally Posted by wgriffin4
    I am looking for a ride for the Lemons Feb Race. We are not going to be able to finish our car in time.

Racing backgroud.....have raced since 1999 in SCCA and PCA in GT2 and GT3 Porsches. Drove in the 2008 October MSRH Lemons race...we had motor issues from the get go and only completed 100 laps.

If any teams needs another paying driver please shoot me an email.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas...

Thanks

Bill Griffin
    wgriffiniv@comcast.net
    Bill, I am running with Misti Cain's team "the purple pinballs", a pair of 1st gen Neons. One is standard and the other automatic. I'll check the driver status, but one of the conditions is the driver's "build"... We are all of medium sized drivers including 2 small females and we don't want to deal with changing seats... the cost is approx. $300 per driver plus any personal expenses for food, lodging and travel...

I drove for Frank Robertson at the last event and he had a large seat to accommodate his large "frame"... I got some bruising from sliding back and forth through the chicane... I have some pads made for my hips incase I'm invited to drive for him in the future...
    David....sounds good....would love to hitch a ride in the standard Neon. I am 5'9" and 180 lb...so I hope I would be classified as a "Medium" driver.

If anyone else has an opportunity please let me know.....we have a few other drivers in our shop that are looking for paid rides as well.

Thanks

Bill

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Ok, Ok, I get it. Large "frame" = fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra132
    you said it, NOT ME... :shock: ROFLMAO!!! I was just trying to be PC... :roll: I shoulda stayed away from this discussion completely... :?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    you said it, NOT ME... :shock: ROFLMAO!!! I was just trying to be PC... :roll: I shoulda stayed away from this discussion completely... :?
    One more and we have a class action law suit.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx

DOH!

I'm in! so what do we get?!

Actually, I am now on a mission. I saw one of my cousins this Xmas and 9 months ago he weighed 310lbs. He is now 185 and looks fantastic...no joke. You would never know he was so heavy. I started the same diet a month ago and have already lost 18lbs... holidays are killing me though so it's back on the wagon today.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    I'm in! so what do we get?!

Actually, I am now on a mission. I saw one of my cousins this Xmas and 9 months ago he weighed 310lbs. He is now 185 and looks fantastic...no joke. You would never know he was so heavy. I started the same diet a month ago and have already lost 18lbs... holidays are killing me though so it's back on the wagon today.
    Keep going!!! just a few more pounds and you won't be able to join the class action...

Here is a picture from another event! LOVE This car!!

Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    I love it.
    The Griswold Family racecar.
    Just need a rocking chair up on top.

jb