Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SVT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Mine were burnout marks from trying to power out of the turn. ops:

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar
    Greetings Instructors,

Thank you to those of you who have already signed up as an instructor for the March 28 & 29 Track Guys event at Texas World Speedway. I see we will have NY, PA, CA, IL and of course, TX and OK well represented! As of March 6, here is our list of confirmed instructors:

However, we've been getting a good number of first-timers and novice drivers signing up for the event, so we could really use another 4 or 5 in-car instructors.

If you are receiving this email and have not yet signed up as an instructor, please do so ASAP. Go to: http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com and register yourself.

If you know of any in-car instructors not on this email list, please have them contact me via email. (note: Adam Ginsberg has asked to be removed from our instructor list, so please do not contact him) If they have not instructed for us (Track Guys and formerly, SVTOA On Track events), they will need to contact me directly so that I can get them the Track Guys Instructor Qualification Form. (so I can make sure we are all "on the same page" with our awesome instructing crew!)

Also, if you know of additional "track junkies" who are looking for more seat time, point them our way as our advanced group has PLENTY of room left in it.

Thanks again for signing up yourselves and for helping us secure a few more instructors for the TWS event.

See you at College Station!

Jeff Lacina
    Owner / Lead Instructor
    Track Guys Performance Driving Events
    AI # 12

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    (BS)
    (LOFL)
    (jb)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    No surprise - a couple of SVTOA's "awesome instructors" told Lacina I have "on-track conduct issues".....I'm no longer welcome as an instructor. So, I asked to be removed from their instructor mailing list.

As you can tell, I'm all broken up about it. Boo-hoo.

I am considering bailing too because if they are short of instructors, you will end up having to work your ass off with more students and not get much of your own track time. I guess I havce been spoiled with getting one student for most of my weekends lately.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer jeremiahkellam's Avatar
    I guess they are not hurting too bad for instructors because I spoke to Dell Hughes on the phone last week to offer my services (instructing or whatever) and I got a "thanks, we'll let ya know..."
    2010 CMC2 National Champion
    2010 Texas CMC2 Champion
    2010 Summer Shootout Champion - CMC2
    Call it what you want... But that sounds like a Triple Crown to me!!
    http://www.gagemotorsports.com

well, the part CL left out of that email was the fact they only have 13 instructors:

My guess is that most instructors just don't fill out the registration till the last minute. They usually have 20-24 guys instructing.
    Ah, fugg it.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2609

Turned out it wasn't CBP as we ran clockwise all weekend.