Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What Class for 2010 - Do over.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    2010 your all gonna be chasin' Sam and fightin' for 2nd.. bets anyone??? I'll even give odds...

thanks David... as if i didnt have a big enough target on me from driving the creamsicle (my wife's nickname for the car). Apparently some of you have had bad experiences with orange cars, I heard someone even had a run-in with my car's previous owner. ops: No worries guys, I don't plan on sharing any paint.

As far as 2 vs AI; I have a bone stock 302 (w/ headers), CMC suspension and undersized brakes... I think CMC2 is a better fit.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumpacker
    2010 your all gonna be chasin' Sam and fightin' for 2nd.. bets anyone??? I'll even give odds...

As far as 2 vs AI; I have a bone stock 302 (w/ headers), CMC suspension and undersized brakes... I think CMC2 is a better fit.
    Bingo, welcome aboard!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    #39 will likely be CMC for '10. Competiveness seems to be more driver and setup, not engine output related.
    Francie-you might want to rethink that comment. Setup isn't any different and the power change doesn't make much of a difference at all. Just ask the LT1 guys after they pulled their restrictors. For ECR how about you run one day without your restrictor and see if you are any quicker. I've got a 100 bucks that says you aren't a second quicker.
    You misunderstood what I meant; I believe my laptimes are more an issue of suspension setup and NOT power output.

When there's limited traction overall, I do better comparatively, i.e. see Hallett qaulifying in the wet. No need for me to go to the Duece, yet.

Wanna put a Benjamin on 0.001 sec?

Oh yeah, call me Francis... and I'll kill ya.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    I have a question? Is there an official push in Texas to move the CMCer's to CMC2 for 2010? Have all the combo's been built and running this year? Any insight towards what National wants to do?
    I haven't heard of anyone in Rocky Mountain talking about going to CMC-2(of the current CMC-1 crop). I can tell you Beth and I won't be putting a different engine in the car as we are already on our SECOND in < 1 year of racing this car. We had to pull the previous 350 to make it legal in CMC-1 (as there were no CMC-2 cars to race in RM). We also won't be switching to a carb setup as we just put a Painless TPI harness in it.

Personally, I wouldn't mind being given free reign as to how we get to the actual HP/TQ numbers, versus "you are only allowed these 3 mods to your 305".

BTW, even as is, this engine is making nearly 20hp and 15tq less than the previous owner had it score on the dyno. Finding those 20/15 won't be cheap, but we were seriously considering it for next year. If CMC-1 will be running at CMC-2 levels in 2011, then we probably won't spend the money to hit the max allowed CMC-1 levels in 2010 only to have to redo our setup the next winter.

-e

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    edited... gotta remember to be supportive

Guys, there is no "they" trying to combine cmc1 and cmc2. That is all in the hands of the drivers. As long as people want to run cmc1, we will continue to support and promote it.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    [quote="Crumpacker"]
    thanks David... as if i didnt have a big enough target on me from driving the creamsicle (my wife's nickname for the car).
    Not any more!
    -- Robert King
    AI #42