Page 24 of 308 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what did you do today?

move again??

Todd, what happen to Beaumont??? Where you moving to now or are you just playing musical houses.. All I can say is, dont unpack when you move in this new house...

oh by the way, to stay on topic of the thread, I sat and watched a bunch of roughnecks pull drill pipe out of the hole.
    Troy Reynolds
    CMC 76

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Troy, you have to keep up with Musical-Houses-Covini.

He didn't like the Beautiful Mountain, and headed back to the flatlands of Houston.

On topic - I'm at our annual ASIS convention in Anaheim. Woohoo! :roll:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Troy who?
    Todd who?

Jb (who)

So rather than let this damn limbo of Texas/Ohio thing keep me from enjoying life I have decided to do as many of my hobbies as I can.
    Until the house sells, or I move back to Texas (anyone need the over-under?) I am going to race w'it y'all (splitting time with my son) AND I am going to coach high school hockey goalies up here.

I had an interview (well it was actually a couple pitchers of beer and a pizza, but interview sounds so much more important) with one of the top high school teams (won state in 2007) last night.

So I will be coaching their goalies for the coming season. I am really looking forward to this.

I coached all through the 1990s, including a teams my son played on that went to Nationals and won the DFW City championship and I was the McKinney High school JV/Varsity goalie coach on and off (2002-2003 and 2005-2006) and have missed it since. Too many hockey injuries (my orthopedic surgeon had me on his frequent surgery plan) for me to really play at a high level so coaching is all I can do.

This team is at a pretty high level...they have the same video system as only some of the top NHL teams have!! I was droolling on the pizza...

Oh Shit...this is a Texas group...OK,, Hockey...uhmmm. its kinda like Football and Gladiating on ice 8)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Was Ordained as an Elder in the First Presbyterian Church of Tomball, a church of which I am a Founding (Charter) Member.

Sounds like a great start to the 2010 for you David...congratulations!
    Also sounds like a lot of responsibility but I am sure you will be very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony
    Also sounds like a lot of responsibility but I am sure you will be very successful.
    Thanks Brian,
    It is nice to recognised for my leadership abilities and desire to move an organization forward. If I could only find a job that has a salary...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    It is nice to recognised for my leadership abilities and desire to move an organization forward. If I could only find a job that has a salary...
    Uhm, yeah I'm sure there's a misspelled jab hidden there someplace. :roll: :roll:

On the other hand, "Congratulations!"

Boudy

Quote Originally Posted by Boudy
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    Uhm, yeah I'm sure there's a misspelled jab hidden there someplace. :roll: :roll:

On the other hand, "Congratulations!"

Boudy
    Don't "read" anything into it.. I'm broke, deep in debt and I NEED A F'ING JOB... I ran a manufacturing facility where I brought in record profits only to have the owner drive the company into the ground by smoking up the profits in a crack pipe. Doesn't work too good on a resume' when your job reference can only be contacted via mail at a prison address. The people in my church know ME and don't need references.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    The New and Improved DFL
    David,
    I hope that it doesn't stand for "Dead F'n Last"...
    Where's MFW when you need him???
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...