Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Year End / Hallett Video

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Right on Eric!!

and thanks for all your time and 'family time' you spent putting together this 2009 video and the past years you work on it!!
    We all owe you a beer.... Oh, wait! ops: :lol:

DD

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Figured there wasn't enough bi-polarism on the board today.
    That wasn't meant to douse the flame with water, nor pour gasoline on it. I just saw two completely different "visions" of what this project was to be.
    Matt, I volunteer you too. :shock: Was not meaning to come across as picking sides.

We all want "something." Events don't get written up because nobody volunteers to write them up; I don't think there is any great conspiracy to NOT write up the events. Were someone to seek out folks thoughts, experiences and stories during the weekend and shortly thereafter and write the report, it would get written.

In the past Eric and David have stepped up to get the "something" done. We have all enjoyed it and now want to make it better without duplicating the effort.

If it get's too pissy or there's no video, no pictures, no ideas then nothing will get done.

Not that it matters, but I don't care who does it; I just want a copy of the "something" and am willing to help. Next event I'll make sure the Aiptek HD is focused to infinity, has a good charge and clean card and that the new GoPro HD is running.

Quote Originally Posted by evarner
    This is grassroots motor racing as its finest. Pick a target audience and build towards that to create awareness to what's available in their back yard.
    Well said.

ps - Put me in the 5 or 6 that has taped interviews, b-roll and story construction for 8-10 hours of raw cut to 17 minutes.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Hmmm, after some more research into the regional video stories....not sure I want to put myself up for fodder any more. Too many hurdles to overcome.

My new opinion is we need National to foot the bill for an updated AI and CMC promotional video. SpeedcastTV already has enough material to do it too. Let them deal with the headaches and steer their own ship.

I will still work on the trophy and contingency stuff but I think the video stuff is off my plate.
    Ah, fugg it.

This is perhaps unsolicited as I'm not exactly tied to AI or CMC, other than really wanting to play in the sandbox. I linked this thread to a friend in film production (I have no connection to this except knowing an owner. shameless plug: http://www.ontracc.com/ ) and he showed interest in discussing the project details with someone (he recommends nationally) to see about getting it off the ground. If anyone is taking the reins on this, email or PM me and I'll send him your way.

I just watched the 09 video and it looks great; can't wait for Jan 30.
    Jared
    HPDE goon, '12 rookie?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    I will talk to him. David at donovanracing dot com

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    I came across 2 vendors at PRI.

Power TV - was shooting products, interviews etc - it's an online magazine(s). http://www.powertvonline.com/user_la...php?reset=true

Veloz Media - I spoke with them about the Hallett event, and they were interested in continuing discussions - pick a point person (David or Robert's sister) - have HD cameras (incar and out), can do interviews, to TV format/web/DVD, etc. http://velozmedia.tv/velozmedia.html

MP

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Great energy, guys. As Mitch & Eric noted, we've got to have someone pick up the reins, raise their hand and say "I've got it". I mentioned this at the banquet and we need someone to take on the project for next year.

Once someone is the "executive producer" it's mainly their call as to how this thing looks & feels. Eric & TEK racing came up with the look/feel of the 2009 video based upon the raw material they were provided. If no-one submits anything, we have little to work with.

So the best thing EVERYONE can do, is simply capture raw video (in HD) for submittal to "that executive producer". Dyno shots, trailer shots, paddock shots...you name it, as Robert mentioned. If everyone captures "their season" in their own mini-video...and submits it to THAT PERSON, everyone's race season will get edited/combined into a regional "our season" video.....and then all regional "our season" videos could be edited/combined into a national "our AI/CMC season" video....and THAT's what may get the help and assistance of NASA HQ from a funding perspective.

If you want to be "that executive producer" of the video project, let Al or myself know.

However we decide to do it, it really needs to be run thru Fernandez, myself or other NASA rep if we want it to be an "official NASA production". There are some parameters/preferences we have to work within, however, it's the "Exective Producer's" product.

Unless we all want to pitch in an equal amount of $$$ to have this done professionally, I don't see NASA HQ or NASA TX funding such a project. It's more of a "by the people, for the people" kind of thing.

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    One weekend down.

I have HD video from Race 1 and forgot to charge the silly thing for Sunday. Well, and Ross' big gloves in the cold did the turn on/off simultaneous thing. And some podium pics (minus the podium) for Satuday races.

For some reason Pinnacle doesn't like this particular mov file; what are you guys using to get it converted to avi?

Who has an FTP site where we can host all the raw video/pictures?

Put me in the camp of throwing a couple dollars at the hosting fee if wanted/necessary.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    One weekend down.

I have HD video from Race 1 and forgot to charge the silly thing for Sunday. Well, and Ross' big gloves in the cold did the turn on/off simultaneous thing. And some podium pics (minus the podium) for Satuday races.

For some reason Pinnacle doesn't like this particular mov file; what are you guys using to get it converted to avi?

Who has an FTP site where we can host all the raw video/pictures?

Put me in the camp of throwing a couple dollars at the hosting fee if wanted/necessary.
    I'll have to check the bandwidth on our site - if I have the room we can host on our site - if I don't have the room I'll check what it will take to get more.

I've got some vid including the "parting of the way" out the right side window during R1 - kinda cool looking...I'll see if I can pull the vid off the other camera tonight.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    I've been doing some checking ...

LAWMotorsports.net has the space and bandwidth to accomodate hosting videos.

Recently, our hosting vendor dropped bandwidth limitations. So maybe it's time I create a subdomain and grant FTP access to those who want it.

Let me look into it a bit more.

Edit:
    We do have some limitations:

100G of space and 200K individual files.