Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Upcoming Dyno's from the Hallett race weekend

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    If our group wants TV exposure, it would probably be easier to get than we think - the team that made the "Motorsport Ranch TV" show for that HD TV channel is looking for something else to do? We can give them action, and we can certainly give them drama!
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by oz98cobra
    If our group wants TV exposure, it would probably be easier to get than we think - the team that made the "Motorsport Ranch TV" show for that HD TV channel is looking for something else to do? We can give them action, and we can certainly give them drama!
    I really think we're onto something here, guys.

With the mania for reality still alive and well, what could be better than a reality TV show based on grassroots racing good old american musclecars?
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by oz98cobra
    David, maybe I'm just poor at math, but it seems to me you are proposing to give away more than 2/3rds of all the AI/CMC funds that we collected - which may be why you are not getting many bites on this? If we have that much to give away, why did we collect that much in the first place?

I'm not adverse to the group supporting a good cause, but I do suggest we use the funds for the group for the purpose it was collected for, which is for OUR collective benefit - and that we raise the funds for your idea separately? If you spearhead it at TWS, I'll be the first to contribute!
    It was suggested in an earlier post: that we send phone cards to our soldiers instead of an AICMC sponsered party at TWS... I'm just offering to coordinate if it is what the group wants to do it. The one suggestion was to go back to wings and more with a $500 minimum... thought $400 for our troops would be better served... I have had a few PM's in support. I don't care either way, however I cannot afford to personally front the phone cards and collect at TWS. Time is running out. I would like to go to Channel 3 in Bryan/College Station and get some press coverage three or four days prior... It has gotta be a group decision... SO??? :roll:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    David, I committed to buying a phone card and I'm in for it. I typically do something like this once a month anyway ...

But I was also unclear that you wanted to use the AI/CMC dues for this cause.

It's noble for sure, but 2 seperate things altogether IMHO. If folks can give, then let's give.

who do you think you are?

"Army bases can be a good source of participants. I say this although I am not near one (I work on a National Guard camp). The soldiers come back from war, and have a pocket full of money."

Here is a good idea---lets target a group of people who have given us the freedom to do what we do because they have "a pocket full of money". We fight every day for you to have the ability to do what you want to do, and you feel like you for some sick twisted reason have the right to target us because we have got compensated for putting our lives on hold at home and in jeopardy over there. Im so glad that I do not live in the state of Texas and have to put up with people like you. You should thank us not try to take our money.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Wow,
    I think jj took the post wayyyy out of context. I believe Jerry's comments were more along the lines of soldiers who "wanted" to participate "voluntarily" in a HPDE type of event. I believe the reference to “a pocket full of money” wasn’t meant to see if we “Texans” could take all of it. It was more of taking the sport, side show, whatever you want to call it to the people who “could” participate. Trying to drum up business in the bottom 33% of society won’t solicit very many takers for obvious reasons. Racing is expensive and therefore only a certain number have the “ability” to participate.

I take my freedom very seriously and I am very proud and thankful for the men and women who fight for it on a daily basis. I salute them. However, if “they” want to take a hit off the speed crack pipe, we will be here to let them.

Good day.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yep, you took Jerry way wrong. he's an active duty service member (Army) and he should know as good as anyone.
    and i too gave 10 years of service to the USMC. i see his comments the way he intended them, in a positive manner.

not a good way to introduce yourself to the group. feel free to try again.

Senior Member Grass-Passer macstang's Avatar
    Yes, I have been one of those soldiers with that pocket full of money that I earned because OUR country decided it was in OUR best interest.

I dont know who you are jj but I hope you introduce yourself to me!!!!!

I am a full time soldier and I wish that someone had shown me a way to drive on a racetrack at an early age rather than do some of the things that I have done.

I want to educate soldiers (I do it every day) so that we dont lose so many soldiers every day to careless accidents that are caused because the soldiers want to recreate the adrenaline rush that they lived with for a year of their lives.

The situations that I was talking about refer to the figures reported by the U.S.Army safety center www.safety.army.mil.

I am not looking to dig into someones pockets for the sake of getting their money, but training that soldier in a way that the Army will not fund. Training that will forever improve the abilities of that soldier as a driver and perhaps save some soldier's life.

If you have any issues wuth me wantting to train these soldiers or giving them an arena where they can feed the speed addiction and learn at the same time please call 601 466 4767, my name is Jerry, and I would like to talk to you....
    Jerry
    Team Warhorse-Bishop/MacNeil
    CMC Mustang #44
    Red 1993 Mustang TTB # 15

>>>>RETIRED-PENDING OVERSEAS TOUR<<<<

p.s. Jerry is also the one who built and team drives the #44 CMC U.S.Army car, show up at TWS jj and introduce yourself then you'll see for yourself.
    micah bishop TEAM WARHORSE CMC#44