Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Event #1 - MSR-H

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27

built race cars are cheap right now...
    Agreed, if you are going to buy one, now is the perfect time!!
    But where are all these cars hiding? I found one in San Francisco on the CMC site. Not that I'm adverse to that kind of effort to get a car, I'm just not finding many to 'shop around'. Converting my street car isn't out of the question either. Of note regarding my search: I like Mustangs.

On topic: I can't wait to watch some video and make zoomie noises on the couch.
    Jared
    HPDE goon, '12 rookie?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod
    On topic: I can't wait to watch some video and make zoomies on the couch.
    Well, you'll clean it up!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27

built race cars are cheap right now...
    Agreed, if you are going to buy one, now is the perfect time!!
    But where are all these cars hiding? I found one in San Francisco on the CMC site. Not that I'm adverse to that kind of effort to get a car, I'm just not finding many to 'shop around'. Converting my street car isn't out of the question either. Of note regarding my search: I like Mustangs.

On topic: I can't wait to watch some video and make zoomie noises on the couch.
    Jared-please explain your Avatar-I like it. Gives me the idea for an x ray of mine.

Bryan, that's my right clavicle, as modified in November '09. The orthopedic surgeon gave me a CD of the x-ray files post-op. Unfortunately, I don't have the broken shot; that one's rather impressive. My former Z06 and I had a disagreement with the pit wall at Grand Sport Speedway in October. Minus Z06, plus stainless steel plate and screws. I'll stick to Mustangs and LeMons cars for a while...
    Jared
    HPDE goon, '12 rookie?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Bryan, that's my right clavicle, as modified in November '09. The orthopedic surgeon gave me a CD of the x-ray files post-op. Unfortunately, I don't have the broken shot; that one's rather impressive. My former Z06 and I had a disagreement with the pit wall at Grand Sport Speedway in October. Minus Z06, plus stainless steel plate and screws. I'll stick to Mustangs and LeMons cars for a while...
    Cool. Look forward to meeting you and hearing the whole story. I have some titanium in my eye socket so now I stay away from fast boats Don't have any x rays of that though I have another decent one.
    If you are looking for a car PM me.

Senior Member Rookie

Buy it don't build it...

Hey Wayne,

Ok, I'm just rookie-boy here, so take my opinion for what it's worth... As I think you know, I just picked up the Orange AI car... The previous owner continuously mentioned how he had several buddies who entered the AI series at the same time he did. Each chose separate paths, some picked up a body-in-white, others built their own cars, while he purchase a seasoned racer. He had mentioned that the "buy a racer" path was far more productive for him compared to his buddies because he was able to hit the circuit quickly without having to tune the car. Meanwhile, his buddies were working out the kinks and tuning their ground-up builds and weren't competitive until a couple of years went by... My takeaway, for your first ride, buy a car, learn to drive it, see if you're competitive, upgrade later if you think you've got the mojo. For what it's worth, that's my plan. If I ain't got the mojo, I can keep the car for fun or sell it without completely trashing my beautifully maintained street car.

Here's a link to a guy willing to take an '05 trade for his car, if you're interested in looking into it... If you need someone to ride with to pick it up, I've got the trailer and will reserve the weekend to go get it with you...

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32208

Here's another FOX body:

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=26292

I was also conversing with another guy who had a FOX body racer. I can check with him to see if he's still got it... It was a super clean car and was my second choice to my recent purchase.

Later,

Dave Neary
    Orange AI #23
    David Neary
    Orange #23 AI Mustang
    2010 Texas Region AI Rookie of the Year

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    Ok, made some time finally to finish up a video from the weekend. I always thought the "Rockstar" video Mitch made a few years back was very cool, so he is a stab at a weekend highlight video.

http://vimeo.com/9198622

DF - notice anything leaving your car at one point?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Well played ... 8)

Has someone checked that 39 car for NAWZ?
    Francis looks a little racey ....

Senior Member Rookie
    Great video! Anyone have any more of my "indiscretion" near the beginning of Jeff's video?
    Chris Marvel

RP's Guinea Pig
    AI #91
    CMC2 #82
    Anything else you hand me the keys to...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirtz
    DF - notice anything leaving your car at one point?
    If you hadn't loosened up the torque arm bracket... Between racing you and pitting next to Mosty, the car was just scared - looking for a way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Horsepower
    Has someone checked that 39 car for NAWZ?
    Must be the Mo Pah! exhaust. Or the Orange.

So, uh.. you want me to go down one restrictor plate size, like you recommended?

Now that I have the H.264 codec unlocked in Pinnacle, I hope to get some "is Wirtz really behind me?" video up soon.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!