Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Adam resigns...is someone happy now? anyone? Bueller?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Waco Racer
    Yes, ALL of you will get a call.
    Please email me at ginny_nick@swbell.net
    My phone has been down for a couple weeks.
    Uhh, what?
    How is that? Copper theives again?

jb

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    Uhh, what?

jb
    Which is even funnier considering who he works for.

Evening Gentlemen-

I apologize for my tardiness in getting involved in this but I just gained access today.

I don't have a whole lot to add to what Clifton has already stated. I was not at Hallett and cannot say anything about the events that happened there.

I don't know very many of you very well and that may work in my favor this time. I'd like to help mend the fences. I would be more than happy to come to the meeting at TWS and answer questions, if you want me there. I can't offer much, as I back up Clifton, but I do promise to listen to what you, the racer, has to say to try to get everything worked out.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help or if you have enough NASA TX officials involved. I understand the "too many chiefs not enough indians" thing very well; remember, I left the "other" sanctioning body for NASA because of that. If I can help, let me know, if you want me out of it, let me know that too. I'll do what I can.

Adrian
    Adrian Carpenter
    NASA Texas
    www.nasatx.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Adrian,
    You, Clifton, Jay, Shannon and anyone else is always welcome. We've always had an open invite to our annual banquets and these type of get togethers to build and grow the series.

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    This just jumped the shark!

Peace, out.

jb

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    Also, the smartass remarks about Jay sticking his nose where it didn't belong are all a buch of CRAP. :x It is my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong :? ) that he was asked to help clarify some issues due to the absence of a director.
    Mark that down to a communications failure. If its well-known that Jay resigned his position as a NASA official, and he's going to be acting in the role of an official afterwards, then WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT BEFOREHAND!

Isn't that why we have a driver's meeting first thing in the morning? To give NASA TX an opportunity to let us know about stuff like this?

The same thing can be said for the new impound procedure, and new tech procedure (doing random spot checks in the pits and in impound.)
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Quote Originally Posted by CBurt Go
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    Uhh, what?

jb
    Which is even funnier considering who he works for.
    You must have seen that on the news.
    Let me clarify.
    My home phone hasn't been connected for a couple years.
    Mobile phone insurance is a scam. :roll:
    CMC#79

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    Also, the smartass remarks about Jay sticking his nose where it didn't belong are all a bunch of CRAP. :x It is my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong :? ) that he was asked to help clarify some issues due to the absence of a director.
    We had two directors present; during the Saturday morning meeting they were appointed as acting directors for the weekend to help with issues just as we had.

As for Jay getting involved, I know he still has a stake in the ownership of NASA Texas and has a right as an owner to do what he needs to do to run his business.

It all comes back to communication, consistency and expectations. With all that said, I don’t have an issue with Jay helping out as long as we know what’s going on. Myself and the others have an issue with the lack of communication and lack of consistency. It’s a common theme in almost all the post if you really read them.

The issue most people have is the lack of consistency with NASA Texas. We were told months ago that Jay had steeped down and was just a racer and don’t ask him questions unless it was racer to racer, go to Shannon or another official for NASA Texas issues.

Fast-forward to Hallett, Jay is there in a more official capacity, assisting tech and helping. Well again, it’s his business and I understand that point, but it kind of went against their “Jay has stepped down and is now a racer” statement.

It all would have been much better handled if at the beginning of the weekend we heard a statement like
    “We are short handed with staff for this event so Jay is stepping in, so expect him to be helping out with Tech, Grid and other duties as we need throughout the weekend”

I don't think there have been any "smart ass" remarks, if you think otherwise, maybe you are reading to much into the messages.

NASA TX is working on all these issues and I look forward to TWS, and plan on helping them in any way I can.

David D.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    good post David. lets stop assuming the worst of each and every comment. we made it clear that we need communication. lets take time and see where this goes.
    lets now focus on "who's going to be @ TWS" and who needs help to get their cars ready if they are not already.
    lets talk about race format (20, 30, 40?). lets talk about friday drop off fee's. theres no reason for this from a track that charges $15K rental fee. no other track charges near that and they dont charge a friday fee. they should understand the risks of theft @ hotels and allow us to protect our stuff better.
    lets talk about the saturday night dinner @ Wings & More, who's gonna step up a replace Adam, topics for Nationals, etc....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    If we are going to talk about positives... My project CMC car arrives tomorrow at LAW Motorsports for the cage install . :whoohoo

All this negative stuff was pretty scary to a new guy and if I wasn't this far into the project, I doubt I would have built it right now and stayed playing in the dirt another year or so.

Good to hear some positive talk for a change.