Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hallett Starts

Glad to read about you guys being concerned since that concern will hopefully stick in your brain when you're the one deciding to make it four wide! :lol:

Hallett is short, but I think the concept of splitting the starts between AI/AIX and CMC/CMC2 is worth considering. It'd require the 2nd group to really jump up and stop quickly, but I think it can be done.

Its safe to say we'll be discussing contact and the immediate ramifications of avoidable contact during our drivers meetings. The entire weekend format is different than normal, and consistency is going to be key for being in a good position to claim that Summer Shootout. Consistentcy demands keeping your nose (and doors, and fenders...) clean
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Hallett is short, but I think the concept of splitting the starts between AI/AIX and CMC/CMC2 is worth considering. It'd require the 2nd group to really jump up and stop quickly, but I think it can be done.
    Would it be a possibilty for the 2nd group to line up and stop on the back stretch before the last corner?

For both standing and rolling starts, I wouldn't want there to be too big a gap between the goups but just enough so we get thru the first lap without running over each other. If the starts are two far apart, the 1st group cars will be catching the tail of the 2nd group within a lap or two.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien
    Would it be a possibilty for the 2nd group to line up and stop on the back stretch before the last corner?
    I dunno if there's enough room between The Bitch and The Carousel. plus for the folks in theback of the pack, it'de be an uphill start.

Maybe between 6 and 7? That's a long, fairly flat straight, but you'd be funneling all those cars into The Bitch. That could get interesting.

For rolling starts, I don't see it being too much of a problem -- just get the gap right.

(I still don't understand why the CMC/CMC2 folks like to get so close to AI/AIX on rolling starts. I'd think you'd want lots of empty space in front of you, not a bunch of AI backmarkers...)
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Glad to read about you guys being concerned since that concern will hopefully stick in your brain when you're the one deciding to make it four wide! :lol:
    You guys really screwed up.... I believe that the ONLY thing stuck in our brains (overstatement) is "what is it gonna take for me to get that bad a$$ trophy"

I'm gonna go out on a very big limb and predict more passes in the grass than ever before...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Jeremy Gunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    I'm gonna go out on a very big limb and predict more passes in the grass than ever before...
    so Cory is coming?
    Mosty Brothers' Racing
    #22 CMC2
    I have groupies...