Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valve Springs

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    Just kidding about piston being up... I have compressor just need the tool... Think I'll look into getting a compressor tester and adapting...

not my first rodeo...

main concern is having a CMC legal spring... would hate for Jason to get DQed....
    All you need to know. Spend more than $50 on a set and your splurging.
    8.5.11 Any valve springs, spring seats, retainers, keepers, shims, and locks may be used provided they are the same metal as OEM and are mounted to the OEM valves. Lash caps may only be used if present on the OEM setup.
    I read the rules, for a change... Summit has a set with bonnet seals, springs and retainers for $69.95
    If you know the OD of the spring, the seat preasure, and open preasure of the OEM springs, you can match it to a set of springs only. Will save a few bucks. Probably not worth it. That is what I'm gonna spend on a set of springs myself.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    LT4 spring kits used to be available from Scoggin Dickey and many others for $34....IIRC they need a 1.8" install height and I had to shim a few to get there on my old stock LT1 heads - not sure what the TPI specs are but I'd think it'd be pretty close on both install height and open / closed pressures. Definitely check first though...
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They are $38 and change now.