Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future of Hallett

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    The linked press release AND the quoted text from that release both say that HMRC is in the Central region, not Texas.

Like Gary asked ...

Is it possible for a single track to be in two regions?

Are there Yankee and Rebel only tracks in California or is there one that caters to both?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    The linked press release AND the quoted text from that release both say that HMRC is in the Central region, not Texas.

Like Gary asked ...

Are there Yankee and Rebel only tracks in California or is there one that caters to both?
    Accually, the article states what tracks are considered w/in the Central Region. The Central Region is defined by a list of various states. The Texas Region has a similar list of various states. Both regions include OK as part of thier Region. If there was a press release of what tracks were considered to be w/in the Texas Region, I bet Hallett would be on it.

And I do think NorCal and SoCal have some tracks they both run on.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Oklahoma is not a part of the Central Region according to the linked press release or the quoted portion above.

That's why I keep asking the same question. Why is there discussion about "losing" a track that is in the Texas region?
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonNW
    Oklahoma is not a part of the Central Region according to the linked press release or the quoted portion above.

That's why I keep asking the same question. Why is there discussion about "losing" a track that is in the Texas region?
    You are correct. My bet is the above quote mentioning Hallett will be to draw folks from the new region to Hallett to grow the region.
    As Todd Covini said - "seed the region".

Wayne ... Glenn ... I guess I'm not reading it how you guys are.

First of all ... I asked a question if it were true. I never proclaimed it was happeneing. Just need to be clear on that.

Second, the questions stems from the first paragraph of the press release. It clearly announces the formation of a NASA Central Region and then outlines the target area and the tracks that will be included in that area.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Both regions include OK as part of thier Region.
    I'm pretty sure Rob planted the Texas Flag car into the ground at Hallet first, so we win.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx

Like Gary asked ...

Mitch, the GL and the MW region both share Putnam, Gingerman, and this year Road America even. We have crossover events throughout the year.

I don't see it as loosing Hallet but gaining other possibilities for tracks to race at and building another region in the middle of the rest.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan. I wondered if that was happening

Member Rookie
    Cool. I need another reason to head up into Iowa/Nebraska to visit family. MAM and the whole Omaha/Council bluffs region is my old stomping grounds.

I just hope that a few Iowa state troopers are now retired or have forgotten about me. :wink:

Pretty sure I paid those tickets 10 years ago.

kyle
    1984 mustang. getting back into CMC.
    Looking for another Fox Saleen

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Dbl post
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir