Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2011 schedule

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    I really don't care either way, just tell me where to race and I'll race.

I'm divorced. I live 3 states away from my family, and I have absolutely zero problem with the heat so either one is equally good and bad for me.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

I'm with Eddie on this since no one agreed with me (uhmmm about the distance from family and not really caring about Nov vs August...not the divorced part...at least I hope not)
    I only posted to call out the fact that this really was unclear to me as it seems to have been with a few others and I find it *noisey" to ask for our opinions if there really is only one answer.
    Its NASA's call to make anyway they want.
    If it does not work for my schedule or whatever then that's my problem but I really hope we can communicate better than this going forward.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    It really doesn't matter to me.

Several of us have been saying that Hallett was probably our last event any way, right?
    Last edited by mitchntx; 04-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    My biggest problem with moving the date from August to November is the 'off season'. For those (most) of us not going to Nationals, that gives us OVER a 4 month break between Hallet and ECR, but only just over 2 months before the start of next year (assuming the first event will be at the end of Jan/first of Feb like it has been at least the past two years). Makes it tougher for anyone doing major rework, engine/trans rebuilds, engine swaps to stepup to CMC2 etc. I'd rather race one weekend in the heat versus working on my car many weekends in my garage in the heat.

And if we are going to have a race in July/August/September, I'd want it to be at TWS. It has the best shade of any track for the paddock and easily accessible power to plug in fans and such.
    Last edited by Alien; 04-11-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    And if we are going to have a race in July/August/September, I'd want it to be at TWS. It has the best shade of any track for the paddock and easily accessible power to plug in fans and such.
    I agree with Gary.

Bring a fan, throw some ice in the Cool Suit, let's go.
    Nick Valentin

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I don't like either date, but i would rather get the season over sooner than the end of November.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is what Glenn said when it was Marshall and I that had family conflicts in August.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    The above reasons are why we have drops. To cover family events that conflict. Miss the event if you have to, take the drops. Race hard when you return.
    I think I finished 7th overall last year w/ only 2.5 weekends of racing.
    What about a vote? I would rather run in Nov. I know I'm not the only one. Maybe August would get more votes. At least three or four of you would rather run in August. Afternoon on the Friday after Thanksgiving is a perfect time for me to hit the track but I love racing with you guys (tears) and will be there either way. Sorry for being a completely rear end Glenn but it sounded like you just made the decision on the spot and it was your way or the highway. It hit me wrong and I should have called you instead. All I do know is the schedule I kept looking at showed August was not likely and Nov. was.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 04-11-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I don't like either date, but i would rather get the season over sooner than the end of November.
    As long as we don't have to go to MSRH. After thinking about it TWS in August is better than any date at MSRH.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Has anyone noticed that the post counter has stopped counting. Just an observation. I'll run in Aug and Nov. FMR

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why not use the Nov event for an enduro.

As for the conflicts - Before the start of 2011, the 2011 schedule was set. Aug was a date that was possibly going to get dropped. It in fact has not been dropped. If you made plans, I'm sorry. But a possible Nov event that was just mentioned (and is still not official) is not going to be added as a point’s race. If a weekend is canceled (and it has almost happened a couple times) then the worst that happens is you sit at home. If we add a weekend after the season starts, and set it for a weekend that is considered one of if not the busiest travel day of the year (cause folks go out of town to see family) the implications are season points affecting. I cannot make a dropped event a points race no matter how hard I try. I will not make an event that was not scheduled well enough in advance for folks to plan accordingly a points race either. I agree Aug is not an ideal month weather wise to race. I see it no different that racing in the rain, the dark, the cold. It is mentally and physically taxing.

Using myself as an example - I saw the schedule, knew I could miss MSR-H and still be in the hunt for a Season Championship. If Aug TWS is dropped from the schedule, I could be out mathematically (since it changes the total number of drops). We cannot always control the dropping of a date. Weather has been a factor in the past. If a Nov date is added (after the fact mind you) then again, if I can't make it due to plans already made based on a previously set schedule, I'm out mathematically and by no fault of my own. This would have been good to know before I unloaded the car for the first time this year. I could have saved my money and took the whole season off.

So I cannot be clearer about how I feel about this.
    The schedule was set. NASA TX mentioned the possible dropping of the Aug event. At this point I assume it is still on as it is listed on the NASA site. I cannot control the ramifications to the season points due to a dropped event. I can control the ramifications to the season points due to the addition of an event after the season starts.
    As for racing in Nov – I talked to NASA TX (Pre-Dave B days) about shifting the schedule so a season runs from Oct to June. I was shot down more than one time.