Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Questions

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oz98cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    On a serious note... IF NASATX will donate a weekend of DE1 track time I will donate a car for the weekend. It would either be the Neon or if late in the season the CMC#10 (with Amber's permission, of course)... Maybe the guys could pitch in for fuel..
    You are on the right track Dave, but I think what would work even better would be a ride in one of our race cars that has a passenger seat on the Sunday, either during an HPDE or time trials session? It wouldn't be much of a disruption to go fetch the lucky corner worker in a pickup after the previous groups run, then drop him back after the ride?
    I have a passenger seat and will love to take any of the workers for a ride!! Let me know if I can help out.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    On a serious note... IF NASATX will donate a weekend of DE1 track time I will donate a car for the weekend. It would either be the Neon or if late in the season the CMC#10 (with Amber's permission, of course)... Maybe the guys could pitch in for fuel..
    You are on the right track Dave, but I think what would work even better would be a ride in one of our race cars that has a passenger seat on the Sunday, either during an HPDE or time trials session? It wouldn't be much of a disruption to go fetch the lucky corner worker in a pickup after the previous groups run, then drop him back after the ride?
    Not the weekend of the drawing, We could coordinate it so that they would be driving, NOT working a corner... who wants to ride???? they deserve to DRIVE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    I have a passenger seat and will love to take any of the workers for a ride!! Let me know if I can help out.
    Would you give Amber a ride, sometime???... She has never had a ride in an actual race car with someone else driving!

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Of course. It's always alot more intense when you have no control of what the car is doing!! :twisted:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Rookie
    I am good with the ride idea, we put a seat in for the DE events that we run. I doubt we will have a motor by October, but anyone is welcome to meet us at a TDE event and get a ride.

EV liked his :wink:
    Chris Marvel

RP's Guinea Pig
    AI #91
    CMC2 #82
    Anything else you hand me the keys to...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    As for Question #1) The Safety Broadcast this weekend fell apart for several reasons.

First, Jay was intended to do the broadcast and when schedules combined groups 5 and 8, confusion set in. Time was spent on this situation vs prepping the equipment. Thanks Todd Covini for stepping up to do the broadcast for us.

Second, the equipment was not thoroughly checked by myself. I assumed it was set up and ready to go and didn't see that whomever set it up in control did not screw in the antenna. I will not allow such a thing to happen again. This caused Todd to only be heard at very close range. After these problems, we all just gathered up the equipment to regroup for the next event and it wasn't until later Sunday that I found the antenna problem. No one will be charged rental fees for the weekend.

Third, only 6 or 7 racers opted to monitor the broadcast to begin with. I'm offering $500 in contingency equipment and NASA TX is fully on board and supporting a Safety Broadcast. There are pages and pages of discussion, everyone wanted this. What's up???

Now as for the party thing. I can't imagine hosting a good party... :roll: :wink:

Finally, I have a passenger seat for my car and would be glad to install it for rides. BTW: Mr. Mosty, if you intend to give rides, do take the towtruck driver or you'll be stranded. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boudy

Boudy,

I appreciate you making the radios available. I have an earpiece that I need to pay you for. You guys take Paypal over at Argent Labs??

MB

Ummm....my car has to be finished and actually running in order to do that...they can drive it all they want, as long as its ready so i can race!! :lol: But I dunno how many of them would wanna ride around in a hot pink car w/ penelope pitstop stickers on it!!
    --Amber Love-Abernathy
    Team LiiR

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by a_love02
    But I dunno how many of them would wanna ride around in a hot pink car w/ penelope pitstop stickers on it!!
    I am just glad that someone remembers Penelope Pitstop.

After the engine incident in T2, I thought about naming the car the Thunderbolt Greaseslapper.
    Chris Marvel

RP's Guinea Pig
    AI #91
    CMC2 #82
    Anything else you hand me the keys to...

Quote Originally Posted by Boudy
    Second, the equipment was not thoroughly checked by myself. I assumed it was set up and ready to go and didn't see that whomever set it up in control did not screw in the antenna. I will not allow such a thing to happen again. This caused Todd to only be heard at very close range. After these problems, we all just gathered up the equipment to regroup for the next event and it wasn't until later Sunday that I found the antenna problem. No one will be charged rental fees for the weekend.

Boudy
    Nice to freakin' find out about this on the internet!!! So you mean to tell me that I was up there talking to you guys for over 20 minutes and nobody was listening!?!?!? :shock: THAT'S never happened to me before.... :roll:

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director