Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Something to chew on

Senior Member Grass-Passer jeremiahkellam's Avatar
    I spoke with both Mosty and Mitch about this on Saturday. My gut feeling that was at some point we had to do away with the inverts. But after thinking a little more, it's just racing. To me, racing is all about anticipation, and whether it is the way your car handles, the condition of the track, or what the guy in front of you is going to do, you have to figure out how to deal with it (at 100+ mph). I think some of the faster guys have gotten used to dispatching the rest of the field in the first 2 turns and getting on with their race. But now with more "fast" guys and even more guys improving at a fast rate, it becomes something to deal with. I dont care what Mitch says, racing is racing, and when you roll it off the trailer, you are accepting the risk (love ya Mitch...). I'm not saying contact is acceptable, but it is inevitalbe. We just have to learn to deal with it before, and after it happens... Chew on that s&%t!!!

The MAN has spoken!! I WILL see you next year! Get your game up!!
    2010 CMC2 National Champion
    2010 Texas CMC2 Champion
    2010 Summer Shootout Champion - CMC2
    Call it what you want... But that sounds like a Triple Crown to me!!
    http://www.gagemotorsports.com

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    I agree with Jeremiah. I like the fact that safety, courtesy and professionalism are paramount in our series but I've also resigned myself to the fact that once I started racing, my car was never going to be pristine again. I went all last season without incident but have been tagged every event so far this year but I'm not upset about it. It's a risk I accepted. Luckily they have all been minor so as far as I'm concerned, they're not scratches..they're scars.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Gosh ... guess all my shit is for sale now.

Senior Member Grass-Passer jeremiahkellam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    Gosh ... guess all my shit is for sale now.
    Should of sold it about 8 days ago.... it would have been worth more!!
    2010 CMC2 National Champion
    2010 Texas CMC2 Champion
    2010 Summer Shootout Champion - CMC2
    Call it what you want... But that sounds like a Triple Crown to me!!
    http://www.gagemotorsports.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    I bet Marshall and Frank will have something to say about you starting at the back.
    Yes... If you aren't in your 4-race "rookie" phase, grid where you qual'd and start where the invert puts ya... To be honest, I enjoyed the "true invert" of R4 more than any can imagine. I remember them from years past, but we did more "bumper cars" back then. Now that the main "bumping" happens due to driver error and not the dreaded "red mist", I'd love to see full inverts come back.

I don't think that anyone had issues with how Frank and I worked the CMC-2 field (and lone CMC dude)...

I'd love to do a full invert again. Maybe not at Hallett since it's a cross-over and I don't kow as much about the RM guys. I'm sure they are trustworthy, but I've heard some intersting stories of fist waving at apex curbing...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    BTW, Marshal - that is EXIT curbing where the angry AI stand. The apex is too safe as most AI drivers can't hit it anyways !!!!

Full inverts for RM CMC is fine. Here is full invert with 944 in front and CMC/CMC2 in the rear. Starting at 1:00. Gotta love how CMC car is leading by 8 car lengths by Turn 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWpaOkXefzc
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir