Page 100 of 308 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Rob, after seeing what mine did I would HIGHLY recommend every Mustang driver do preventative maintenance and install the upper and lower kit before anything goes bad. I know this is not currently in the rules but it needs to be.

Richard is correct in every kit I've seen has some form of bracketry / welding done inside the car.

The kit I have in transit right now has interior brackets and I'm pretty certain it still will need additional bracketry, drilling, welding, etc to get mine back to solid.
    I found out yesterday evening that my upper passenger side box is trashed worse than the lower drivers. The 3-link is putting a crazy amount of stress on the lone upper arm.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    The 3-link is putting a crazy amount of stress on the lone upper arm.
    I'm afraid to even look at mine. Last year we got our ass handed to us by a Mustang NOT running the three link!

Jerry

http://vimeo.com/24565831
    Here is a video showing the splitting on the lower drivers torque box and the seperation on the passenger upper box.
    Sorry the video is 90 degrees off.

Here is a link detailing the install of the repair kit.
    http://www.angelfire.com/extreme5/bl...ttle_boxes.htm
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Got my car running after installing a few new parts. Rump-ety rump...let's go racing.

Adam G.
    CMC #5
    2009 California Pony Car Cup CMC Champion
    2009 SoCal CMC Champion (Team Hollywood)
    2012 Kona Blue Metallic Boss 302 #1710
    Buy a hooptie, then race that mofo!
    NASA SoCal Race Director

Senior Member Rookie
    Last weekend Sam and I got to replace the 50gal water heater that was slowly dieing in our attic. The pilot light wouldn't stay lit and there was always 1/2" of water in the drip pan. So rather than have 50gal of water come through our ceiling. We went ahead and get a new one with a 11year warranty. <--the catch is you have to take the entire water heater back to Lowes, which means taking it out of the attic.

The hardest part was getting the thing up the narrow stairs with me trying to lift from the top and Sam from the bottom... there aren't handles on water heaters and I am not very strong, so Sam did a lot of dead lifting over his head.

Now we have to figure out how to get the old heater out of our attic... it might just stay for a while... :/
    ~Darcie

Delay in update from this weekend:
    Took the car to Mitch and Glenn's to fix the torque box problems on Saturday. The drivers lower and passenger upper was A LOT more tweaked than expected. Glenn and Mitch did an amazing job relocating the mounts back to the stock location and getting everything welded up!!! Everything is now in the correct position and lines up great.
    We ended up not installing the kit at this time and the directors will discuss the rule and determine what wording needs to be changed.

Thanks again to Glenn and Mitch for their help!! I was pretty freaked out last week when I noticed the problem but now am just ready for Hallett. You guys rock!!
    -Michael Mosty
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crumpacker View Post
    Now we have to figure out how to get the old heater out of our attic... it might just stay for a while... :/

My ex-father in law had four in his attic. Just way too hard to get them out...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crumpacker View Post
    Our old house in Lewisville had the water heater in the attic. That was the first house we bought in TX after moving from CA, and we were amazed building codes allowed them to be in the attic - a burst water heater would be a nightmare. We were fortunate that it never needed replacement before we sold that house and moved to Flower Mound.

I don't envy anyone having to deal with one of those beasts.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Fixed my cool suit and tested it only to find a horrific fuel leak when I flipped on the powah. The leak is under the car near the trans... strange cause it wasn't leaking at TWS or when it was unloaded to where it sits now. :scratches head: Looks like I'll be repairing some fuel hard lines tonight.

I haven't been under the car yet, but the passenger side of the exhaust was soaked just forward of the trans cross member.

Any tips or suggestions?
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Left the truck at the shop. Originally went just for an alignment but when they showed me the upper ball joint slop..."Holy sh!t" was heard through the whole shop. No time to fix myself, so I left it. Not even safe to drive, much less tow 1k miles this weekend.
    Dust Collector