Page 109 of 308 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    There are some decent "How to Wakeboard" videos. Can probably find enough of them on youtube by now. How fast are you going and how long is the rope? This ain't racing so you can slow down. I think the rope needs to be shorter. She just needs more time playing around on it mainly. Looks like she needs to lean away from the boat a little more and put more weight on the back foot. She will get more comfortable and stable and then be able to hold the rope where she needs to.
    And those things are easy to get up on. You do have the board perpinducular to the boat and rope when starting out?

If there is another race in August next year I say we all just go to the lake instead.
    I was told to pull at around 10mph... which is way slower than she ski's. Yep, she starts out on her back with the board up a few inches out of the water.

I have shortened the rope from it's original length thinking it was too long, but don't really know how short to make it.

Amen on the August race....

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    There are some decent "How to Wakeboard" videos....

How was there no mention of cooler lids in your post? Ur slipping bro.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Sam, and others. What are your thoughts on the accuracy of the dyno at TWS? I know there was though that it was reading a bit high at the April event.
    I will not have a chance to dyno my car before Friday and can either Dyno at the track and do a 1/2 day of testing, or dyno elsewhere and most likely do no testing. I'd like to test if at all possible b/c of my front strut change and fact that I didn't get to run CW last year b/c of the broken collar bone.

I just don't want to screw myself with a 260 hp dyno that is really 250.
    Thoughts?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Sam, and others. What are your thoughts on the accuracy of the dyno at TWS? I know there was though that it was reading a bit high at the April event.
    Thoughts?
    Run it. If you pull the AI guys on the straight we can talk then.

Besides, I'm pitting next to Glenn so I don't have to go far with the protest form.

#39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    *shrugs shoulders* That's quite the dilemma.

If his dyno is high:

1.) You dyno at the track - you race with less power than others, but if you get hit with a protest or random 'Glenn-picks-you' dyno check, you're ok and they get DQs.

B) You dyno elsewhere - you race with comparable power, but you risk the DQ.

Bag of worms opened.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I would think if you dyno on a reputable dyno and go over at TWS (doesn't seem reliable), that you would have the opportunity to recertify at your earlier dyno to prove numbers.
    Sam, is your cert from TWS? If so then I would feel pretty good about it. I felt that in April you, Glenn, and myself were virtually identical down the main straight.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would think if you dyno on a reputable dyno and go over at TWS (doesn't seem reliable), that you would have the opportunity to recertify at your earlier dyno to prove numbers.
    Sam, is your cert from TWS? If so then I would feel pretty good about it. I felt that in April you, Glenn, and myself were virtually identical down the main straight.
    We were gonna allow Wade to go back to his cert dyno, but it turns out that TWS was the cert dyno. So he was over on the dyno he certed on. I don't really think that dyno is wrong.
    I just wanted to be clear on that.
    Dyno's for everyone at TWS (unless otherwise noted).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    We were gonna allow Wade to go back to his cert dyno, but it turns out that TWS was the cert dyno. So he was over on the dyno he certed on. I don't really think that dyno is wrong.
    I just wanted to be clear on that.
    Dyno's for everyone at TWS (unless otherwise noted).
    And yes, we were pretty much identical on the main straight. Any differences were the result of getting off the last corner.

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    I'm still new to this Glenn, you say that there will be dynos for everyone at TWS. I need to get a new dyno after doing a pi head swap. Can I wait for that one or do I need to get one prior to the event as well?
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlingle View Post
    I'm still new to this Glenn, you say that there will be dynos for everyone at TWS. I need to get a new dyno after doing a pi head swap. Can I wait for that one or do I need to get one prior to the event as well?
    It was a joke. SOrry.