Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Aug 2011 TWS media and chatter.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

Angry

Ugh, Vimeo and Youtube are blocked from my work!!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Overall I had a fun weekend, although the racing was not very stellar for me. I was 3 seconds off my time from last year. I'm sure the heat played a part in it, but my tires are old and my radiator finally gave up. I guess I just had an off weekend and didn't bring my A game, but I'll be back at ECR!

Had fun Saturday night though (from what I can remember...)
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Somebody finally called me "Rob - Who?" but I still had fun hanging out, drinking, being a smart-ass, and getting Todd to give the third Porsche racer a cake name - Spice Cake. Thanks to the Crumpackers for letting me crash at their pad. We watched the last part of Zombieland which was nowhere near as bad as Michael was making it out to be. Michael's girlfriend Reagan was really cool and it was nice to meet her.On Saturday evening, we took my car out on the track - with permission - to look for Gary's lost GoPro camera. As we pulled back into the garage spot, the track cook came walking right up to the car. I thought he was going to bust me again but he was just announcing that dinner was ready. I will be back - just not sure when. I definitely need some track time as my street driving is starting to resemble a CMC inverted start.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Somebody finally called me "Rob - Who?" but I still had fun hanging out, drinking, being a smart-ass, and getting Todd to give the third Porsche racer a cake name - Spice Cake. Thanks to the Crumpackers for letting me crash at their pad. We watched the last part of Zombieland which was nowhere near as bad as Michael was making it out to be. Michael's girlfriend Reagan was really cool and it was nice to meet her.On Saturday evening, we took my car out on the track - with permission - to look for Gary's lost GoPro camera. As we pulled back into the garage spot, the track cook came walking right up to the car. I thought he was going to bust me again but he was just announcing that dinner was ready. I will be back - just not sure when. I definitely need some track time as my street driving is starting to resemble a CMC inverted start.
    Did Gary get reconnected with his camera? About 5 minutes after he asked if he could go look for it, a course official came up and said he had found it and brought it in.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Mulder definitely has turned in his "mid pack slacker" id card and picked up his "trophy queen" tiara. Not only was he posting the same times as the podium guys, he scored a 2nd, a 3rd, and two 4ths while dicing it door to door with the likes of Proctor, Mosty, and Landrum!! Congrats Steve, awesome driving.
    Speaking of Mulder..... look who has quietly slipped into top honors in season points.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Nice run JP. I knew you were coming at T11 and just let it happen. I figured you would catch M&M and possibly one of you would push too hard. M&M did (spin), but I didn't get around him.
    You saw him coming alright, as he blew by you. He had your number on that turn from the beginning.
    Still not bad for crap pads/caliper and old worn out tires. Sure.
    If you're going to be DUMB you gotta be TOUGH

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post
    Did Gary get reconnected with his camera? About 5 minutes after he asked if he could go look for it, a course official came up and said he had found it and brought it in.
    I got it Dave, thanks! I was hanging out by the gate waiting for Patterson to come thru, so I wasn't by my car. When he finally came off track, I grabbed Rob and headed out there. After hunting and right at the point of giving up, Wade rode over on the other side of the fence and said someone had turned it in.

FYI, those GoPro's are tough SOB's. It was still recording 40 minutes later. Kinda fun watching/listening to the rescue truck guys talking about it sitting in their truck.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Ugh, Vimeo and Youtube are blocked from my work!!!!
    Mine too... but I am the admin.

I tried telling you guys that it was my lucky pants. See what happens when you make fun. Seriously....I had a great weekend and enjoyed passing some of you guys that I've never passed before. Another thing....you have to watch the quiet ones!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Kellam View Post
    You saw him coming alright, as he blew by you. He had your number on that turn from the beginning.
    Still not bad for crap pads/caliper and old worn out tires. Sure.
    Actually, I saw him in my mirrors. He was pressing me hard each time. I found at the track I have very worn hubs (non-rebuildable) and it was causing major piston knockback in the calipers. This was causing an inconsistent pedal. It took me most of Sat to figure out what was going on. Thus I was entering most corners a little on the cautious side. I never knew if the tires were gonna lock or not. At one point I was approached by the FAA. They wanted my N number since I appeared to be crop dusting most of the time.

To be honest, I could care less if you believe me. I had old tires w/ flatspots on the rear. A driverside front tire that was cupped down the center due to being run way over inflated early last year. My C6 calipers spread and I had to put my who knows how old (raced in CMC for 6 years) f-body calipers back on the week before the event. I had tapered pads (due to the calipers that spread) on the front. The fact that you think I'm a liar, doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth or that my parts were not less than ideal. I had fun. I was beat fair and square. I ran a very cautious race. But hey, why am I telling you? You could tell all that from the one race vid posted so far, right?

Get off my ass Wayne. Of all people, I expected you to act your age.