Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Nationals

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    3.5 hours and no AI results...? Friday Qual looked like Rehagen/Ford Racing sweep of the top 6 spots...go figure.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Sidney got dq for air dam too low.
    That stupid air dam rule probably.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I have never understood running wets on a track that does not have standing water.
    Wet = dry's.
    Raining hard and standing water = wet's.

There have been a couple of times where wets might have been better this week but never while CMC was on track. Our wets haven't left the trailer (yet).

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    There have been a couple of times where wets might have been better this week but never while CMC was on track. Our wets haven't left the trailer (yet).

Richard P.

Sorry guys, couldn't help it. - Just my jealousy raring it's head...

Finish up that clutch and GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dayum Dan, what happened?

So I awoke kind of foggy this morning (for some reason) but the sky was clear and sunny. Fifteen minutes later the whole place was completely socked in with fog. Weird stuff. CMC practice was up first, the fog was starting to break, and the track was dry for a change. The clutch felt funny. In qualifying the clutch issue turned decidedly not funny and stranded Dan on track.

We got it tore down and found the issue to be the flange on the throwout bearing had torn off. If I had all the parts necessary, I'm sure I could have gotten a fox on track before the race. Now way on this pig. We were bolting the tranny back in place when the CMC field took the green.

So, Dan will be starting from the back and still learning the track as he picks off cars one by one. It should be interesting to see how far he gets...

We got a chance to see the other pony cars run and, as expected, it was exciting to watch. Since the AI cars don't compete tomorrow, there is a big party tonight. I think I might head over. I don't have to drive tomorrow...

Richard P.

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    That stupid air dam rule probably.
    My brake ducts are mounted to a plastic panel that is dzus fastened to my stock Firebird front fascia. One spot under the right brake duct drug on the tech inspectors templet. Nothing can be lower than 4 inches and mine was probably 3 15/16's but that was enough for the DQ.

Other things checked on my car (6th place), Tim Bennett (7th), Rob Salus (9th I think):

Measured rear wheel camber
    Measured rear swaybars
    Measured ride height
    Measured air dam height!
    Measured width and depth of radiator deflector
    Measured wheel rim width (Actually didn't as everyone agreed they were stock 16x8 GTA rims. Tim's on 17" Z06's and not sure if they measured his.)

Places 1-5 released with weights and some chosen to dyno.

Sidney

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    So I awoke kind of foggy this morning (for some reason) but the sky was clear and sunny. Fifteen minutes later the whole place was completely socked in with fog. Weird stuff. CMC practice was up first, the fog was starting to break, and the track was dry for a change. The clutch felt funny. In qualifying the clutch issue turned decidedly not funny and stranded Dan on track.

We got it tore down and found the issue to be the flange on the throwout bearing had torn off. If I had all the parts necessary, I'm sure I could have gotten a fox on track before the race. Now way on this pig. We were bolting the tranny back in place when the CMC field took the green.

So, Dan will be starting from the back and still learning the track as he picks off cars one by one. It should be interesting to see how far he gets...

We got a chance to see the other pony cars run and, as expected, it was exciting to watch. Since the AI cars don't compete tomorrow, there is a big party tonight. I think I might head over. I don't have to drive tomorrow...

Richard P.
    Nice picture!!!
    Looks like the S197 Iron class out in front followed by the American Iron cars.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Dan/RP,
    All your bad luck is out of the way.
    Get a good start and go to the front.
    Nothing to it.

jb

Fog much worse this morning. Morning warmup was a bust. The group went out but it was just a few laps behind the pace car since the corner workers couldn't see from station to station. It cleared enough for the group after ours to go green...

Big race in one hour. The car is prepped as best as we can get it for now. Time to sit back and watch the show...

Richard P.