Page 131 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    Sam, you were the only one that looked like they got real sideways. But I do agree a different standing start location would be better
    oh. I was told from the tower that the first 2-3 rows followed suit.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumpacker View Post
    oh. I was told from the tower that the first 2-3 rows followed suit.
    Sam definately wasn't the only one sideways. He was the only one I was pretty focused on, but I know the other higher hp cars were sideway as well. The miatas didn't have an issue with the banking...
    ~Darcie

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Little bit of sideways from some of the others, couple degrees maybe. Might've been easier to see from the tower or something versus cold pits though
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    AJ Allmendinger MSRH Test 004.jpgAJ Allmendinger MSRH Test 007.jpgAJ Allmendinger MSRH Test 111.jpgAJ Allmendinger MSRH Test 150 - Copy.jpg
    Went out to MSR Houston this morning and watched AJ Allmendinger test a couple of Roush Fenway Cup cars. He is FAST! It was humbling to watch him hustle that car around. Here a few pics, my camera was screwed up. More pics on my Facebook page if you want to take a look.
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cool!
    I assume the car looked fast on track?

Did AJ leave Petty and go to Roush? He looks to be what.........about 5'6"?

JJ

The car ran like a scalded ass ape around there. The Cup car was 20 seconds a lap faster than our CMC cars around there. The front wheel was picking up off the ground through one and two so I hate to think how low they got after they made some changes.

I think 5-6 is probably accurate. He is a super cool guy. Talked to me for probably 30 minutes while they working on the car. I left when they broke for lunch so I was only there about 2 hours. He's still with Petty but they are aligned with Roush so Jack had asked him to test some road course setups for them.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlingle View Post
    The Cup car was 20 seconds a lap faster than our CMC cars around there.
    What's 15-20hp, optimized suspension geometry, and a little aero among friends? Just think how fast an S197 body would have been...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlingle View Post
    The car ran like a scalded ass ape around there. The Cup car was 20 seconds a lap faster than our CMC cars around there. The front wheel was picking up off the ground through one and two so I hate to think how low they got after they made some changes.

I think 5-6 is probably accurate. He is a super cool guy. Talked to me for probably 30 minutes while they working on the car. I left when they broke for lunch so I was only there about 2 hours. He's still with Petty but they are aligned with Roush so Jack had asked him to test some road course setups for them.

One more question..........why MSRH? Why would they drive all the way down to Houston to test when there are tracks all over the country that are closer to them and closer to being the kind of tracks they run on? MSRH is not like Sears Point or The Glen? Must be a reason.

JJ

He said they had narrowed it down to Moroso in Florida or MSRH. They quit using VIR as it was too hard on tires so their data skewed after one or two laps. I dont think he was terribly enamored with the track but he said the engineers liked it for that car. I was surprised myself to see them there. When I went out I assumed he was going to be testing a Daytona Prototype for Shank or something. Quite a few ALMS teams have tested out there in the past.
    2012- Broke with no car.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    One more question..........why MSRH? Why would they drive all the way down to Houston to test when there are tracks all over the country that are closer to them and closer to being the kind of tracks they run on? MSRH is not like Sears Point or The Glen? Must be a reason.

JJ
    NASCAR connot test on tracks they compete at... thats why they use TWS also