Page 137 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    So the midcase is back on the Broke Trans #1. But... since the 5/6 slider is chewed up on both sides, and the synchro springs and keys were broke, so I'm buying more parts.

Shameless plug for Glen at Rosehill Performance for parts, advice, and soon to be reduilding Broke Trans #2.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar

Going old school!

Push rods?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Nice lookin' motor Frank! Should make it a lot easier to make the numbers you want, easier to work on, easier to troubleshoot, etc. Just stay away from the aluminum rocker arms Neary was fighting with last year...
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    So the midcase is back on the Broke Trans #1. But... since the 5/6 slider is chewed up on both sides, and the synchro springs and keys were broke, so I'm buying more parts.

Shameless plug for Glen at Rosehill Performance for parts, advice, and soon to be reduilding Broke Trans #2.
    JK and I were just talking about him a couple of hours ago... His shop in just around the corner...

Nice motor Frank... Can't wait to get my 400 horses on the stand... Could be a fun year in AI.. or TT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Frank,
    Details? 302 or 351 based? Stroker? Compression? Looks like a carb setup... were you done with building wiring harnesses?
    Very sweet!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    A bored and stroked 302 to 347. Should provide the much needed torque. Simply unsnaped the custom harness from "The Dash" and ready to go. The thrust bearing on the new mod motor failed at 2.5 hours. That was all the noise and what clogged the oil channels resulting in the very high oil pressure. That motor is being repaired on their dime and will probably end up in a hot rod of some sort. 650 holley and one wire, tremec tko, so much lighter and a lower center of gravity. Will wait on the dyno to decide what brake set-up. Might not be ready for R1 unless I blow off the paint job. We shall see. The only thing that is constant is change. FMR

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    I have a motor in my car. Transmission install on Friday. Will fire it up on Friday night or Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    I have a motor in my car. Transmission install on Friday. Will fire it up on Friday night or Saturday.
    Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    Merry Motor-mas!!!