Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MSR Cresson 2012 media thread

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Cancelled my order for Moroso studs. Looks like Baer has the right size ARP to fit the front with no drilling. Will give them a call when they open.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edrock96GT View Post
    Cancelled my order for Moroso studs. Looks like Baer has the right size ARP to fit the front with no drilling. Will give them a call when they open.
    I have the correct size drill (39/64") or if you want to do it right I have the 39/64" reamer. Anyone that wants to borrow them or use my drill press and do their hubs here at my shop are welcome.

Richard,
    Dan was looking for some size restrictor plate. I have a 31,32,33,34 and 35mm in my desk. I don't remember what he wanted but he could bore out one of these to the size he needs.
    JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    The drilling is not a big deal Eddie. I did my front hubs with a corded drill and a shop vise as I dont have a press. I highly reccomend the ARP's. You can get ARP oversize studs from Summit for $13 for a five pack: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-100-7703/ Then you just need to order a 39/64 drill bit and your ready to go.
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlingle View Post
    The drilling is not a big deal Eddie. I did my front hubs with a corded drill and a shop vise as I dont have a press. I highly reccomend the ARP's. You can get ARP oversize studs from Summit for $13 for a five pack: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-100-7703/ Then you just need to order a 39/64 drill bit and your ready to go.
    Damn that's a nice price..thanks for the link!
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by edrock96GT View Post
    Baer charges something like 4 times the price... they are ARP studs but Baer has some type of copywrite and ARP cannot sell them to the public...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Dan in R4: http://vimeo.com/38819383

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    Awesome video! Glenn looked like he was auditioning for Formula Drift at about 2:24. Really hate I had to miss this race.
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlingle View Post
    Awesome video! Glenn looked like he was auditioning for Formula Drift at about 2:24. Really hate I had to miss this race.
    Thats nothing. You should see vid from Sat when it was loose.

And I'm still working on those air pressure's for the 17's. The tires really go away the last half of the race.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

I can verify the strength of the ARP wheel studs. 2 years ago I was in an accident at PPIR.
    The axle was bent and a stock Ford wheel broke on the right rear side after being impacted.
    Only one of the five ARP wheel studs were bent. None of them broke off.