Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contingency preference

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    $100 / race.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    truly spread the wealth, eliminate the contingency in total. Lower the price of the tire $75/tire and then maybe payout $1000 to regional champion. Everyone running the series wins! Remember when Toyo's were $175 shaved to your door?! That was some good racing.

In a spec tire series it makes no sense to dole out money to the guy winning on the spec tire every week and then screwing EVERYONE else by having to jack up the price of the tires. Give the racers a reason to like TOYO again. Register actual racers for the special pricing on the tires and then sell to the general public at retail. Hoosier has done it with contracts for years....you just have to buy your tires up front at the beginnning of the season. Maybe a group buy?

Figured I would send in some positive solutions to keep the costs of racing down.

I figured more people would prefer many little prizes over one big prize at the end, mostly due to the fact that the payout probability is higher. Thats the way I see it, I just wanted confirmation, thanks guys.
    Al Fernandez