Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Matt White!!!!!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Awesome Z06, David....but I wanna see a pic of the CTS-V, now!!!
    That car sounds very cool and after a recent drive in a buddy's M5, I kinda like the 4 door, 400 RWHP concept!!!

I don't have any money but I'll trade your for a one-of-a-kind Focus RS clone....whatdyasay, buddy!!! :P

-=- T
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    Awesome Z06, David....but I wanna see a pic of the CTS-V, now!!!
    That car sounds very cool and after a recent drive in a buddy's M5, I kinda like the 4 door, 400 RWHP concept!!!

I don't have any money but I'll trade your for a one-of-a-kind Focus RS clone....whatdyasay, buddy!!! :P

-=- T
    Go for it DA, that Focus is super fast... I watch Todd make a Mustang owner cry once... :lol:

I know people frown on talking about street racing, but... :wink:

I raced a Ferrari 355 Spyder and walked away from him. Raced an M5 at speed (70mph) and walked on him until 130mph. That's when I hit the brakes. Fast enough. And last but not least an '05 Mustang Saleen when the Cadillac was stock. He got the jump, but the torque of the LS2 pulled ahead rather quickly.

The only car I would like a rematch with is the E55 AMG. There were 4 people in my car and I was not driving. The AMG walked all over the Cadillac. The Cadillac was stock at that point in time.

Four door luxury rockets are the best all around cars. You can haul people and haul azz.

Of course, I don't have to worry about any of those cars in the ZO6. Amazing amount of power in any gear and at any speed.

David

The car pictured is an '05 CST-V, but the '06 CTS-V is the same color. The only difference is a small GM badge located on the lower rear of the front fenders.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    I thought this artical was humorous;
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/08/30/...ars/index.html

jb

What a bunch of monkeys. They did not even get the 0-60 time correct for the ZO6. They have it at 4.2 seconds. Try 3.5 seconds.

It is amazing the bias against the Corvette. :?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Luxo sports car?
    Has it ever been?
    Ever seen those Brit TV shows 5th gear and Top Gear blast the Vette?
    There are links to them somewhere @ corvetteforums.com.
    Wait till they get a load of the LS9. OMG!
    (I hear the LS7/9 will make it to the CTSV.)

jb

I used to catch that show on TV and they can't stand anything American. It is amazing the pretenous nature of Euros and high browed magazine editors about how archaic the pushrod engine is to them. When in actuality the pushrod engine is newer technology than the overhead cam engine. Combine the fact the pushrod engine is a more compact engine, and it achieves more torque per cubic inch than a naturally aspirated overhead cam engine. The LS7 also achieves better gas mileage than any other high horsepower engine out there.

Screw'em!

I thought very seriously about buying a LS7 crate motor and putting it into the V. That would make that car one serious contender.

David