Thread: DFW folks headed to TWS - I35 issues!!!!!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DFW folks headed to TWS - I35 issues!!!!!

Not sure if you guys know, but today there was a major explosion in West just south of Hillsborro. Right now they are reporting that I-35 is closed through West for fear of damage to the overpasses.
    A fertalizer plant exploded and blew home off the foundations well over 3 miles out. The plant is closer to I-35 than that.

Plan today on taking an alternate route.

Is the Czech Stop OK?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Reported that a 4-block radius was leveled. 75-100 hurt, 2 EMS 6 First Responder Fire and 2 civilians killed in the blast. House to house search of the rubble. I-35 is only being used for emergency vehicles, both directions.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Reported that a 4-block radius was leveled. 75-100 hurt, 2 EMS 6 First Responder Fire and 2 civilians killed in the blast. House to house search of the rubble. I-35 is only being used for emergency vehicles, both directions.
    So is it still closed?

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Clifton and Dave generously offered to help coordiante the drop off of donations & supplies for people displaced or otherwise affected by the blast:

There's lot of businesses taking donations. Here's a list of items they're collecting:
    bottled water, clothes, blankets, non-perishable food items, gift cards, phone chargers, dry socks, diapers for all ages, wipes, gloves, toiletries.
    So if you have that stuff bring it with you to the track this weekend. Lets help out our fellow Texans

I can't find anything official from TXDOT about I-35 closure but you know it'll be even more of a mess than normal
    http://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/di...s/current.html
    http://www.drivetexas.org/Full/
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 04-18-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: traffic link
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    So is it still closed?
    http://www.drivetexas.org/Full/
    Looks like it's still closed. It's weird because traffic is still shown in green, but they have it marked as closed.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    The video feed on local news showed I-35 open. There was traffic going both ways.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    Clifton and Dave generously offered to help coordiante the drop off of donations & supplies for people displaced or otherwise affected by the blast:

So if you have that stuff bring it with you to the track this weekend. Lets help out our fellow Texans
    You can also give to Mercury One (http://www.mercuryone.org/) Glenn Beck's organization. Every dollar.....EVERY DOLLAR goes to the people of whatever disaster you want to give to. They don't keep a dime. Look and see what some of the other groups do. Like United Way.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Guys, if you want to donate anything, I'll haul it back and drop it off Sunday on my way home. Fill my truck and trailer. 24ft enclosed!