Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett - Time to sign up

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Good call Dave. We love you and don't leave or go anywhere.
    If it is all about the charity, you will get 20x more entries on a Saturday afternoon charity race than a Sunday afternoon, if you promote it.
    The format you propose will definitely hurt the race teams that are involved. Not sure how many other run groups have teams involved, but I agree with Jerry on that one.
    We have all made plans and don't need to finish early Sunday. We have long hauls, and have planned accordingly.
    I'm sure most will agree, a 30 min champ race will suffice.
    I like the Saturday evening charity race. It's fun to laugh at each other over dinner and a mug of choice. I particularly liked the one pit stop driver swap. It's a race, but not that serious.
    By the way, what is the charity, and I am sure we can get a large field to participate.
    Thanks again for all you do, this Bud is for you.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Thanks Dave!

Count me in for the charity race

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    No worries. I am not going anywhere soon.

I never really intended for Thunder to only have 3 races, just looking for feedback. When I send an email out to my series and race directors, I don't really mean for it to be published for all to see and comment on. As you can see from the prelim schedule, all race groups have 4 races. Some race groups asked for 3 - I got carried away and added Thunder to that list to see if there was much interest.

As for charity direction, most likely to benefit the central OK areas that have been affected by the May tornadoes.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    Hi. Not sure if its applicable to you but everytime we had a voltage drop it was because our cutoff switch went bad and the battery wouldnt keep a charge. We've gone through 3 of them in 7 years. I now carry a few as spares...just in case.
    I'll check that. The alternator excitation circuit also goes through the switch :/
    Al Fernandez

Dave, I would suggest 20 minutes for race three in exchange for a 30 minute championship race.

Races 1 and 4 definitely standing start. Races 2 and 3 inverted. Grid for race 4 based on cumulative points from the prior 3; the classic Summer Shootout layout
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    The Summer Shootout Lives. WAHOO!!!
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Dave, I would suggest 20 minutes for race three in exchange for a 30 minute championship race.

Races 1 and 4 definitely standing start. Races 2 and 3 inverted. Grid for race 4 based on cumulative points from the prior 3; the classic Summer Shootout layout
    Or do we really need 20 minute warm-ups? What about 15 minute warm-ups and five minute longer races? I don't care. Just happy to have four races. If we had 20 minute races last year I would have won my first race.
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    The last two years Hallett has been a Nationals format for CMC. The last race has been 40 or 45 minutes. I don't think many positions change in the last ten minutes.

JJ
    Different perspective for me...10 minute shorter race and myLaps would show basically the same outcome but in 2011 the race for the final podium spot was hotly contested between Eddie, Jim and myself for the last 5 minutes with tires wearing off and tanks getting lighter...I think Eddie and I change positions 5 times in the last few laps. It took me most of the second half of the race to get close enough to pass Eddie and make it even remotely interesting. Eddie passed me for the spot for good on the last lap after The Bitch and then Jim took 4th from me on the last turn turn of the last lap. That was some of the most fun ever.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I'm in for the charity race and vote for shorter practice to augement the race time. I'd like a 40 minutes "shootout". It's better for folks to learn patience and car/tire conservation.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    However we get the 4 races, I'm good with. About to head to the shop to work about 8 hours on the car, can't wait for Hallett!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region