Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett post race info/media here please!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I started overheating right out of the gate on Saturday. I have had some problems all season and kept trying to find a reason other than the engine as the culprit.....but during R1 it got enough to spit the low water level sensor out of the radiator and dumped all the water onto my power steering pump.... and lost steering and ran off track...(sorry for spinning out Jay as a result of the water on the track).

I pulled in not knowing for sure had happened. I actually thought the engine was seizing, but it cooled down and cranks and sounds fine, but something is bad wrong and I will pull it out and try to figure it out.

Congrats to Mosty and Patterson for the big wins.

Way to go to the Jordans for great weekend and podium finish in the Shootout.

If you finished it all... you accomplished something considering all the failures for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Now I have no idea what BL was doing trying to climb the tire wall after “The Bitch” unless he was looking for a short-cut to my race port.
    Copy cat....

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Orange was faster than it has been in a while. Still have a mysterious transmission issue when it gets hot but that only affected 1 race.
    I don't know your issue, but I used to have some shifting problems when hot. I re-routed the clutch fluid line, and wrapped it in header wrap. Fixed most of that. Someday, I'll remember to purchase a more suitable heat-shield sleeve for it.

Unrelated, but I found out on Sunday afternoon that I didn't have brake lights all weekend. Thanks for letting my try to race that last race without them. Will certainly purchase a new (and a spare) switch for TWS.

Big thanks to Corey (and others nearby) for helping me diagnose why my new engine suddenly quit running in Saturday's practice. That was a wierd one.

Race 3 video (admitedly very boring) is uploading now. Should be done in a couple hours. http://youtu.be/f-S9YlykBfA
    Didn't get any video from R1 or 4. Working on 2.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Copy cat....
    No not at all. BL was half way to the last turn on the left. Right next to my garage. Not in yours and Frank's spot.

JJ

Not track record stuff but if I am reading things right are congrats in order for Jim Dulaney for an AI/CMC weekend best lap of 1:26.077?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Not track record stuff but if I am reading things right are congrats in order for Jim Dulaney for an AI/CMC weekend best lap of 1:26.077?
    That was certainly my best ever lap, but Mike Stacy beat me in that same race (r3) with a 1:25.67
    And, Patterson got a 1:25.71 in Saturday's qual.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    That was certainly my best ever lap, but Mike Stacy beat me in that same race (r3) with a 1:25.67
    And, Patterson got a 1:25.71 in Saturday's qual.
    Well Congrats anyway...that's ~5 seconds faster than 2011 when you, Eddie and I were fighting each other !!

Thanks. It was a second faster than Saturday. Those tires were purchased April 2012 and have been my primary race tires for many weekends, but for whatever reason the car felt awesome.

My new transmission is really nice. I kept screwing up the 3rd gear upshift on the starts. It fell into gear too easily, and I assumed it had missed. After a moment of struggling, I decided to try it, and said, "hey, it IS in 3rd". Happened every single race. Need more practice.
    Never got to try new 5th gear ratio. Can't wait for TWS.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    Race 3 video (admitedly very boring) is uploading now. Should be done in a couple hours. http://youtu.be/f-S9YlykBfA
    Gets interesting at the 7 minute mark. Too bad the video/sound aren't quite sync'd on the phone video, and the choppiness is aggravating. But, fun none the less.

Great job this weekend Jim!

Thanks, Mike. I met my goal for this year, which was to stay with you for an entire race. That's all I had!

I have no idea how to pass you, so if I have hopes to beat you, it'll require pole position. Thanks for setting the bar high, and giving us something to aim for (figuratively, not aiming at your car like some people )
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117