Page 216 of 308 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Fixed it for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Packed Kyri up in a 14 ft Uhaul and sent him on his way to Ohio with 1/2 of the truck taken up by his spare engines, tools and go-cart. Kid travels light :/
    Started life like most of us - not having a clue.
    Enjoyed 16 years bouncing around breaking just about anything he touched and not having much direction at all, but being a fun kid to be around.
    Then 17 hit and he started to figure it all out. Joined the National Guard as a very proud young American, became a fantastic friend to anyone who needed him and quickly found enjoyment and aptitude with everything mechanical and enjoyed working on electronics as well. Since then he has not met an engine, transmission or chassis he has not tamed, including the finicky original 302 and top loader 3-speed that now drives my wife's '68 Mustang coupe. And he and I have plenty of cool electronics projects underway.
    I know he enjoyed spending countless hours crawling under and around many of your cars helping anyone in a jam and otherwise just hanging out. If things go according to plan he'll be at Hallet next year and/or Mid-O.
    So proud to see him start this next part of his life journey.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Packed Kyri up in a 14 ft Uhaul and sent him on his way to Ohio with 1/2 of the truck taken up by his spare engines, tools and go-cart. Kid travels light :/
    Started life like most of us - not having a clue.
    Enjoyed 16 years bouncing around breaking just about anything he touched and not having much direction at all, but being a fun kid to be around.
    Then 17 hit and he started to figure it all out. Joined the National Guard as a very proud young American, became a fantastic friend to anyone who needed him and quickly found enjoyment and aptitude with everything mechanical and enjoyed working on electronics as well. Since then he has not met an engine, transmission or chassis he has not tamed, including the finicky original 302 and top loader 3-speed that now drives my wife's '68 Mustang coupe. And he and I have plenty of cool electronics projects underway.
    I know he enjoyed spending countless hours crawling under and around many of your cars helping anyone in a jam and otherwise just hanging out. If things go according to plan he'll be at Hallet next year and/or Mid-O.
    So proud to see him start this next part of his life journey.
    Congrats Brian... Must be a proud Daddy..
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Thanks Marshall. Definately proud...it's a great feeling when your kids plant both feet firmly on a path they enjoy. I have pretty simple focus in life...faith, family and friends. When those are going well, I am good.
    Proud of all my kids - the other 3 are all finding their paths as well.
    Chelsea is taking a year off before she jumps into vet school - I'm seeing more of her this summer than I did the whole previous 4 years of college.
    Cameron is back in gear working with his mother building the game studio (BTW, beta testers for Android, Facebook and others will be needed this month - causual games.....PM me if interested) while also working toward becoming a talented gunsmith.
    Chris is working hard to graduate from the Wildlife Management program and becoming a very good nature photog - has his mother's creative eye - I still clip off peoples heads :/

This group has a great bunch of fathers (and fathers-to-be). I've enjoyed the heck out of the time I've spent with your Dad, and JP's Dad as well! And the father/son teams are what keep me motivated and working toward getting back on track. Even though Kyri and I have spent a good amount of time at the track together starting in 2006, we still have not been on track at the same time, so I am still working toward that.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Check out the just released NASA Speed News. Not sure that was the coverage that we were hoping for.... Jerry, you should have kept your mouth shut whining about not getting any recognition at Hallett! Congrats on being the star of the GoPro movie of the month.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Check out the just released NASA Speed News. Not sure that was the coverage that we were hoping for.... Jerry, you should have kept your mouth shut whining about not getting any recognition at Hallett! Congrats on being the star of the GoPro movie of the month.
    Yeah, I wonder who submitted that move to bring it up again and rub Jerry's nose in it. I'll be looking for my move at Hallett in next month's issue.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    And I was going out of my way to be nice.
    Thats a long trip for you... just sayin'.. ;-)

Member Rookie
    Are the Texas drivers sandbagging again? Midwest drivers take 1,2,3 in first round qualifying at Nationals.

Sidney

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Are the Texas drivers sandbagging again? Midwest drivers take 1,2,3 in first round qualifying at Nationals.

Sidney
    To take a line from Days of Thunder... I'm not going faster, everyone else is slowing down

Member Rookie
    What's the scoop on McSpadden? He's 2 to 3 seconds faster than the rest of the field in every session. Started at the back in first race due to no qualifying time and passed the entire field with a fast lap 2 seconds faster than 2nd place. And here I thought CMC was a competitive class with close times!