Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MSR Houston - January - Time to sign up!

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Where do the AI/CMC guys tend to park for this event? I would guess that all the canopy spaces are gone by now...
    I just got a canopy today

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    If push comes to shove, you can pretty easily get 3 cars in 2 canopy spots if folks are willing to share. Frank has first right to 1/3 of Michael and my spot if they sell out.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Mike, if I wasn't motivated, you would kick me in the butt! Look what I went through last year! I better see you out there!!!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I called yesterday and grabbed a canopy spot. He said they still have some left for anyone who still wants one.

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    It's looking more and more like I'm not going to make this one. Still need new bumper, splitter, heads...
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Less than 2-weeks away and still no motor in the car, or even built for that matter. I think I'm going to run Marshalls old short block from his 2005 - 2011 years that has never been rebuilt, what fun!!! Going to finish sourcing a distributor, w/p, oil pump, gaskets, etc today and start putting everything together. I'll drop the motor in next week and at least won't have to worry about "breaking it in".
    See y'all soon!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I picked up the 55 from Illicit Motorsports. Jason installed the Wildrides S-Box (big job), new gears, new K-member, new steering rack, MM rack bushings, set bump steer, and corner weighted it. I pulled the car in my shop yesterday and Jason's work is impeccable! I was going to fix the exhaust (new mufflers and hangers) but I ran out of time. I bled the brakes, changed all the fluids and loaded it on the trailer. I still don't know what is causing it to starve for fuel when it's under half a tank. Just have to make sure it's full prior to each race.

Another issue we don't understand is when the car is on the tilt trailer it will roll off even with it in gear.....any gear. You would think it would be way down on power with compression so low but last year the car made way over the numbers. Maybe this year it will not but certainly last year at TWS it was plenty powerful. Any ideas on this?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope scheduling a race in January was not a big mistake. I would not want to be out there in the next few days. Let's hope it warms up at least a little.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I've seen really cold (high 30's) to high 60's at the first MSR event of the year... I'm sure it will change 5 or 6 times between now and next Friday.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I picked up the 55 from Illicit Motorsports. Jason installed the Wildrides S-Box (big job), new gears, new K-member, new steering rack, MM rack bushings, set bump steer, and corner weighted it. I pulled the car in my shop yesterday and Jason's work is impeccable! I was going to fix the exhaust (new mufflers and hangers) but I ran out of time. I bled the brakes, changed all the fluids and loaded it on the trailer. I still don't know what is causing it to starve for fuel when it's under half a tank. Just have to make sure it's full prior to each race.

Another issue we don't understand is when the car is on the tilt trailer it will roll off even with it in gear.....any gear. You would think it would be way down on power with compression so low but last year the car made way over the numbers. Maybe this year it will not but certainly last year at TWS it was plenty powerful. Any ideas on this?

JJ
    is the motor spinning while it's in gear or is the clutch not holding? As for the fuel starve at half tank, are you certain it's starving or is it getting hot with dumps and no fuel to cool it. Remember, it's a returnless system so the fuel just gets hot and does not circulate to cool things off. I've seen several 99+ cars have fuel pump overheating issues with low fuel. Just food for thought.
    Ah, fugg it.