Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MSR-H - January 17-18 - Time to sign up!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Got the car on the dyno. Sorted the air/fuel and hammered down 369/379... Oops. A bit too much. After putting it back on a throttle stop, ended up basically the same as last year (328/348).

Last year was 327/349 with the same throttle stop.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    The LT1 Whisperer showed up at the Orange is Fast! garage last night.We put in new plugs/wires and fired it up. Still seemed to have a miss so we started troubleshooting. Pulled inector plugs 1/3/5/7 and motor bogged as we pulled them. (Yes Rob, one at a time) Bogged when we pulled #2. Nothing changed when we pulled #4. Huh? Nothing changed when running on 7 cylinders... maybe that's because it was already running without the #4 hole.Yup, broken +12v wire. Explained the potential intermittency while it broke itself.Spliced and taped, fired right up with a smoother idle. Still probably only 230ish horsepower... nothing to see here.See you guys Friday.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    The LT1 Whisperer showed up at the Orange is Fast! garage last night.We put in new plugs/wires and fired it up. Still seemed to have a miss so we started troubleshooting. Pulled inector plugs 1/3/5/7 and motor bogged as we pulled them. (Yes Rob, one at a time) Bogged when we pulled #2. Nothing changed when we pulled #4. Huh? Nothing changed when running on 7 cylinders... maybe that's because it was already running without the #4 hole.Yup, broken +12v wire. Explained the potential intermittency while it broke itself.Spliced and taped, fired right up with a smoother idle. Still probably only 230ish horsepower... nothing to see here.See you guys Friday.
    I'm just freakin' awesome!! Just in general, not necessarily related to this post.

Glad your #4 hole is working now.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Rookie
    Guys, I had some work events come up and will not be able to make this weekend's race. My apologies for the late cancellation. I have a conflict for Cresson, so see you at TWS.

Dave N.
    David Neary
    Orange #23 AI Mustang
    2010 Texas Region AI Rookie of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by way2neary View Post
    Guys, I had some work events come up and will not be able to make this weekend's race. My apologies for the late cancellation. I have a conflict for Cresson, so see you at TWS.
    Dave N.
    Well damn...was looking forward to catching up with you Dave. Completely understand with the work conflicts :/
    Hopefully see you at TWS. I've been talking to Kyri about bringing the car to Hallet...maybe see you there?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    I'm just freakin' awesome!! Just in general, not necessarily related to this post.

Glad your #4 hole is working now.
    Just when I was beginning to worry about Rob's level of self-confidence......nice work.

Well of course one of the ball joints that came in yesterday wasn't the right part number in the box. Shop didn't have the right tool to press in the good one in either. So I still have the front totally torn apart along with the rear calipers needing replacement...typical.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    The schedule has been revised. An email with the new schedule should be sent later tonight or tomorrow.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Where do the campers and RV's live at MSR-H, I have never noticed them when I've been. Also, I am having generator troubles, would someone with a RV(Jerry, John, etc) be willing to share a bit of power for a heater at night? I can toss some gas money.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Where do the campers and RV's live at MSR-H, I have never noticed them when I've been. Also, I am having generator troubles, would someone with a RV(Jerry, John, etc) be willing to share a bit of power for a heater at night? I can toss some gas money.
    If push-comes-to-shove I can bring my standalone generator for you. Anna and I are staying at one of the hotels at Angleton.
    The generator is kind of loud but not much louder than the generator of the RV I rented at MSRC last year. Just let me know before I finish packing the truck tomorrow night

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Your welcome to plug in to the camper any time. Trying to get there Thursday night to stake out a spot.