Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Public Shit List now active.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Lack of awareness can be just as dangerous as contact and it can lead to people getting hurt too.
    I don't disagree. Just putting it out there that there are a variety of ways to get to 10 points real quick.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I agree, I hope this is just a sample and not the actual list.
    I'm guessing there are a good 5+ incidents from the first two events that are not even listed.

You'll have to ask Chris about Cresson. I did what I could to capture the Thunder and Blitz groups from MSRH (i was the RD for both). If there are any additions to MSRH, please email me. I only had paperwork on the ones I listed, and we were asked to compile a month after the event to start this thing. Al may still have some inputs for SM from Houston, and Clifton may have input for SM at Cresson.

The RD is now responsible for inputting info from their respective RD group (ie - normally Blitz for me).

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Since the basis of this group is sportsmanship, I like the idea of making this list clear, concise, and public. I do have a concern that "we" need the right perspective so lower point/more aggressive drivers are NOT allowed to take advantage of the list.

What is the goal of the list - to know when and how much to punish a driver, or to have a tool to encourage appropriate changes in behavior?

What about this example - after a valid complaint at MSRH, we made an incomplete crankcase vent change to the 39 that directly contributed to debris, two cars completely off track, one major spin, and multiple cars having to avoid contact. Inadavertent though it may have been and without "real" damage, i.e. passing under waving yellow, it did change the race dynamics for all involved.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    2 things.
    1) Should have been clear that the list was a work in progress w/ emphasis on events going forward and not back dating the data. This all transpired post MSR-C.
    2) perhaps we should limit visibility of points totals for the reasons David pointed out. If a guy is @ 9 points, I see him as an easy pass.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    perhaps we should limit visibility of points totals for the reasons David pointed out. If a guy is @ 9 points, I see him as an easy pass.

If you are fighting with him in the championship, I see it as an opportunity to pay someone else with low points to bump him...

Richard P.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    If you are fighting with him in the championship, I see it as an opportunity to pay someone else with low points to bump him...

Richard P.
    Very funny!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will work for penalty points.

I don't see a problem with keeping a database of penalty points. Series director, Race director should have access to the information and individual's should be able to see the data on request.
    Posting them on a public forum I'm not sure that is something I support.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR81 View Post
    I don't see a problem with keeping a database of penalty points. Series director, Race director should have access to the information and individual's should be able to see the data on request.
    Posting them on a public forum I'm not sure that is something I support.
    I concur with this. Posting on a public forum would, it seems to me, create headaches for the series and race directors who should be left to judging the available evidence. Having individual access to the data on request would allow the opportunity to request appeal of penalty.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Come up with a better name than the naughty list. If it is going to be used and distributed, have a name where everyone understands the implications. I like the column where the specific penalties are accessed.
    Penalties should be discussed in drivers meetings so that every driver understands the penalties accessed if he/she makes the same decision.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro