Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
Sean-no need for you go back to the dyno. Your car isn't going to make anymore hp than what it did. It isn't a 4.6 that wraps to 6k or the 5.0 that I see people shifting and pulling to 6k. The LS1 hits it's max hp at 5,200 on a dyno but I bet you find yourself shifting at 5,000 since it isn't pulling anymore. Your curve looks identical to several different LS dyno's I have and the LT1 dyno that I also have. I have never understood why so many think the LS just kills the LT1. Both myself and Al F. have overlayed the dyno's and there is negligible difference. The torque curve of the LT is better but the LS does edge out the LT by about 5 rwhp if you run them up to 5,700. Now the LS trumps the LT in my book since it doesn't have an opti and rarely has issues running.

Kudos to Sean for performing the swap and getting the legal dyno done in time for the race.
That is so funny Bryan and what a coincidence, my max HP is at 5,200 RPM also. I'll have to get my dyno graph posted and we can compare. ;^)