Thread: So, what did you do today?

Threaded View

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Pueblo went well in AI. The road trip was uneventful, and about 12-13 hours towing. Casey, Craig, John and I attended as well as Richie and Alan in GTS, Troy in TT1 and a few others in TT and SM.

Casey and Craig spent some time on Friday Test day to learn the track and come up to speed. John had to replace a radiator on Friday and fix a few alternator bracket bolts which sheered. John drove a great rain race on Saturday for a nice CMC win. Craig spent some time dealing with a blown strut and a few tire issues. A competitor brought down a spare for him to use, not the greatest situation, and his car was a bit off after that, but he got to race the weekend.

The rain race was interesting, as the front straight was the equivalent of a long ice patch. Wow, almost zero traction on that stretch with many cars looping it. The rest of the track except a few braking zones had decent grip, even on RRs. It started raining as we sat on grid...no one on rain tires.

AI had 5 cars for the first three races, and only Robert Ames ran race 4. I had loaded up to head back to Dallas after R3. The 5th gen Camaros of Joe and Perry looked great and are coming up to speed nicely. That was great to see, and they should be very competitive after some sorting. Casey had some overheating and brake issues which were bizarre - we couldn't track down the brake issue at the track, very weird.

Overall, I had a nice weekend, with my brother and his family, and a great friend from college coming out to see a race event for the first time. As always, Dave puts on a great event. Y'all should consider attending in the future.

Results posted here:

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/N...%20PMP%20July/
    Last edited by MikeP99Z; 07-06-2016 at 10:59 AM.