Thread: Texas Mustang Challenge Review 2016/2015

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    You were thinking of Jeff Wirtz, CMC19.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Basic premise, finish playing within the rules before you ask for a rules change...
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    The reality is we've never made an attempt to reconcile if we had gone too far, not far enough, or hit the target square in the bullseye.
    I don't see these two statements as compatible. If they are, then was enough driver/car development done prior to the last rule change?

The facts are that significant platform adjustments were made AND the tire changed at the same time. I believe the group as a whole has been patient and watched and worked, some to a greater degree than others, to see if we are in a good spot as a series with Texas apparently having the rocket ship mustang outliers.

I'm dollar/fun limited - we softened the springs up 15%, got a couple podiums and some cheap tires, and moved up the order a little in '16. Yes, I need to at least pull the shocks off the car, yes I need more seat time, yes I could run newer tires.

I believe the mid-pack and back may be as close as it has ever been, but at the same time the pointy end seems to be all mustangs off the front.

I'll share any of the Traqmate data we have on the #39 with anybody that wants it.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I've got Traqmate data as well if anyone wants it. One thing that needs to be considered when comparing data though is how many heat cycles are on the tires. Comparing someone with sticker tires to someone who has 15HC tires could be misleading.