• Yes I will be ready by TWS

0 0%
  • No thanks, I'd rather buy RR's every weekend

3 37.50%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RA1's for 2017 CMC

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    So what do you attribute it to? Obviously they were slower...but why? Were they on sticker tires? Corded tires?
    Because you can outdrive them, period. Put them on stickers and you on junk, you'll still go faster.
    RM CMC Director

Has anybody asked Toyo directly what the optimum or target tire temperature is hot? We have the equipment to measure the temperatures after a race/qual/practice etc but haven't due to a lack of crew. I'd have to jump out and do it myself. I think we may be overheating our tires based on our slower lap times from the halfway point of a race to the end. We have datalogger info to review to see if our lateral G's are in fact decreasing which may help answer part of the question.

I hope to gather hot tire temperature data next season right off the track along with various other parameters. I have a few other ideas to try out as well...all in hopes to keep up with Dustin
    Last edited by BADVENM; 11-02-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    Has anybody asked Toyo directly what the optimum or target tire temperature is hot? We have the equipment to measure the temperatures after a race/qual/practice etc but haven't due to a lack of crew. I'd have to jump out and do it myself. I think we may be overheating our tires based on our slower lap times from the halfway point of a race to the end. We have datalogger info to review to see if our lateral G's are in fact decreasing which may help answer part of the question.

I hope to gather hot tire temperature data next season right off the track along with various other parameters. I have a few other ideas to try out as well...all in hopes to keep up with Dustin
    I think they say 180-220
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I want to re-vote then... nothing tells me that a potential minor HC difference on the RA is worth the shave costs. Now I'm just more pissed about it... maybe cash the 401 out and literally bring a new set every event.

And then refuse to sell them to you guys... just stack up a giant tire hoard pyramid.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    I target 200, but am more concerned with temps across the entire face. I start getting nervous at 225. I also target specific hot pressures.
    Last edited by MikeP99Z; 11-02-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    just stack up a giant tire hoard pyramid.
    I have a tire pyramid in my garage - all 18" tires - who's buying? I'll sell cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    I have a tire pyramid in my garage - all 18" tires - who's buying? I'll sell cheap.
    CMC rule change!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

I want to re-vote then... nothing tells me that a potential minor HC difference on the RA is worth the shave costs. Now I'm just more pissed about it... maybe cash the 401 out and literally bring a new set every event.

And then refuse to sell them to you guys... just stack up a giant tire hoard pyramid.
    We won't know for sure unless we try, but yeah, I'm thinking the hassle may not be worth it. Supply of the RA1 may be difficult at times too.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Is anyone getting the tires heat cycled before they're delivered?

Also, are you going out on a fresh set of tires with no heat cycles and going balls to the wall for a 25min race? Or are you going out in a session on Friday with a fresh set and doing a few laps at 75-80% and then bringing it in and letting the tires sit until the next day?

I've noticed a significant decrease in tire life when I've gone out and went 10/10 on the first heat cycle, vs going out and doing a few laps hard enough to get some heat in the tires and then coming in and letting them sit.
    I think heat cycling is worth it, the tire holds up better and is generally more consistent

In that case skip the tires and hire a "stig" to instruct.