Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
Ken, no doubt an AI/CMC car would be legal and fun in a WRL event, Sam runs a V6 swapped fox body in WRL ?GP4? And does very well.

My concern with a CMC legal car is the size of the fuel tank and how much fuel these cars go through. I used to run a WRL E30 and it was pretty clear that a large portion of winning was dependent on long fuel stops due to the mandatory 5mins when stopping for fuel. As far as I know WRL has a rule against putting a giant fuel cell in the car also...Iirc it's no greater than 10% over stock. Sam probably has better insights being that he's overcome this challenge with his fox.

With all that said...WRL is a blast and I can't wait to get back out with that group later this year. A guy that used to rent a seat in our E30 has turned his BRZ streetcar into an endurance racer...it should be fuel efficient and reasonably quick.
Yes, all of the above sounds correct to me also. I've also daydreamed about building a TDI Jetta. I had a discussion with Joey ( HMFIC @ WRL) about diesel cars, and he said " bring it!" I know mileage wouldn't be great with a V8 anything, but the possibility of all that seat time, working lights, and a car at least 25 years old says it could be a weekend go to Cars and Coffee Endurance AI CMC Racer/Driver... Hook me up with Sam in pm if you don't mind? Thanks a ton! Ken