Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NEW Rules

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    I don't really have a clue what points system Texas CMC is going to use??? There is a default points system in Section 22 of the CCR. It's clear that the new Texas Region rules supersede the default CCR system because it specifically says that in both the CCR and the Texas Region Supplemental rules. Section 8 of the CMC rules specifies what the CMC points system is. It's pretty clear that the CMC points rules supersede the CCR rules, again based on the wording in the CCR.

It's not clear whether the Texas Region Supplemental rules supersede the CMC rules? No mention is made in either place. Generically, the CMC rules would supersede the local rules but that's not clear or spelled out. Also, the local rules just specify the number of drops (and assume all weekends have the same number of races, which might not be true). The local rules don't specify the points structure, which means the system defaults to the points structure in the CCR, which is superseded by the CMC rules. It's all a bit messy.

Anyway, I assume that CMC will use the points system specified in the CMC rules. AI will use the points system specified in the CCR with the exception of the number of drops. AIX will again likely default to whoever shows up the most wins. Confirmation or clarification from management is desired...

Richard P.
    I'll talk to Will about the number of drops. No reason why the entire region will define that for all the race groups as a whole. If we want 20% drops, we should be able to work that out. It's a spreadsheet and not that hard to manipulate. I'll post back when I know more.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Anyway, I assume that CMC will use the points system specified in the CMC rules.
    Richard P.
    I was assuming the same.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by JMR81 View Post
    Seems like folks are over thinking this whole thing. Our replay xd takes 2 second to install push one button to to turn on and one to start. One charge last all weekend.
    I have been twiddling my thumbs all day at the airport. If charging a sealed camera is an issue, I would run an in line fused feed from the bat bus, through an auto parts store switch with an led in the toggle. Just turn it on between sessions and as long as the led is lit the cameras are charging. I doubt the draw on a full size battery would be any issue. On a lawn tractor battery... I mean a light weight racecar battery I dunno. I assume, but don't know if the cameras would disconnect internally when fully charged left unattended.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Last edited by Storm Trooper; 01-05-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    All,
    Great collaboration to pull together ideas on the camera rule. This is what is so great about our group. Not every "new" thing is fun or easy to deal with, but we make lemonade out of the lemons!

On the subject of drops, I discussed it at length with Will last night and the AI/AIX/SI/CMC group will get 5 drops for next season.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Blog Entries
    I don't like the vague "Fine" language. I' don't want to sign up for something that can arbitrarily fine you without setting the guidelines and amounts of a fine. I think it's a good idea but just because you have video doesn't solve all the problems. I have seen plenty of issues and disagreements over the video due to the angle, fish eye lenses, location of the mount, etc. Seems like another situation where everyone is being punished because the same idiots blow flags and cause wrecks.

At least it doesn't go into effect until June 1-sure wish it was July 1 after Hallett. But I can run cresson and cota to decide going forward or I agree a forward facing camera could be videotaping my lack of heel/toe.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    I think I'm going to try this one for MSRH and let you guys know how it works. Cheap Wifi enabled Gopro knockoff that is reviewed better and more popular than the actual Gopro on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-EK7000-.../dp/B01HGM33HG

Maybe after MSRH I'll try rig up a tablet with the camera app and portable hard drive to try out the semi-automatic data dump idea so I don't have to keep pulling the SD card.
    Tried this camera. It sucked. I didn't bother getting into the wifi portion of it but the fact that I could not easily tell if it was on or off while belted in was a deal killer. The LED is on the top.

Software menu was pretty limited and I'd have to drill a hole in the condom-case for a permanent hardwire.

Sending it back for a refund, going to try a refurbished Garmin Vibe ($70) on a friend's recommendation.