Thread: Cota

Threaded View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65
    NOLA is a nice place too and I think I paid $280 for the weekend last year.

Apples and oranges, NOLA cannot Compare with COTA.
    Invite your friends and family, watch their response to having the run of the F1 paddock and getting close to the cars at COTA.
    I agree, that's why I followed with the next sentence. (NOLA is nice, COTA is nicer)
    That being said, this is the nicest track in the country and an absolute pleasure to drive. NASA is in a good position here, supply vs demand and I bet they will fill up every spot even at $1200 because of the hype.

COTA is 500/day to get on track minimum in any other venue.
    Some are less per day if you do 3 days but consider this.
    Chin for example is $500/day for 210 mins of track time per day.
    In this case we are looking at 80 mins for $600

$7.5/min vs $2.38/min

I am simply pointing out to everyone that says they will only do this once that the prices may drop in the future. NASA obviously has higher op expenses than Chin in this example, staff, dinner, etc.
    Track rental was $50k/day last I heard so $150k for that, figure $50k for op expenses,
    $50k in instructor discounts.
    $250k net profit?

I don't know diddly shit about insurance, required track crew, concessions, etc....

Also keep in mind this will be the safest event you will likely ever be a part of, that is a huge consideration for me, it could make the difference in life or death, huge runoffs, safe walls if you hit them, etc.

Avoid hitting anything....... This track is a well engineered for safety, but, make no mistake, this is a big boy F1 track
    I am no expert here, I've been on the track twice. The cost is in line with a national event, If your car is up to snuff for sustained wide open high gear driving, pull the trigger. JMHO
    My point here was that the fact that this is such a safe place makes it worth the money, exactly, don't hit anything, but if you do, you will be glad you did it at COTA.
    Last edited by mach1; 02-19-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net