Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
CMC 6.21.5 Any air filter or air filter assembly may be fitted and OE assemblies may be modified. Air boxes and filters must reside inside the engine compartment or in the OEM stock location. Air filter installations intentionally designed to create, or that appear to create a ram air effect are not allowed, even if they were OEM stock.

Nationals or otherwise...I would suggest not putting yourself in the position of having your hard work tossed on a subjective decision. Its just not worth it.
Huh? The first line of the rule says OE assemblies may be modified? So is a 98-02 LS car allowed to modify the OE assembly but slotting that area? There isn't anything that seals or directs air to it like a ram air.

Why doesn't the update/backdate non body components rule apply? So are people running the LS in a 93-97 not allowed to run the OEM LS air intake setup? But they can run any air filter assembly they want as long as the filter is inside the engine compartment and doesn't create a ram air effect.

Hey Michael-I agree this is silly but I think it's beyond silly in this instance.

We have three directors on this thread and the best answer he can get is it would be a subjective decision? Can we at least get an answer to whether he can run the factory stock LS air intake setup?

Isn't this a non-body component?

6.3 Update/Backdate Non-body Components
Non-body components may be updated/backdated within cars of the same manufacturer
on the eligible manufacturers/models list (i.e. 1982-92 GM Early components may NOT
be interchanged with 1993-02 GM Late components) unless noted elsewhere in these
rules.