Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
Congrats!

As for trailers I carry lots of spares. 2 spare tires, hub with bearing and seals and a trailer ramp to aid in changing tires. My heavy trailers if used year round with many miles and semi high speed, 2 years. Tires are only $80 ea so cheap insurance to me.
Thanks. I did not realize how long this post was and I feel a little retarded posting it. Anyways. Mike called me just a few hours ago, and he said that the tires were all 9-10 years old. It wouldnt have mattered....I would have purchased anyways, but I'd have certainly given him a little more $$$ to go ahead and replace all 4 plus the 2 spares in preparation rather than chance a 1300 mile trip. But we all live and learn. He was surprised as I was because the tires looked great. Anyhow. Its all done car is resting in the trailer at my sisters house near Abilene, TX. 4 new trailer tires ordered. I will mount and balance myself at the auto skills center on Fort Hood. If no one knows what that is, its a DIY auto shop, lifts, tools, ect. You can even turn your own rotors.

Trailer tires do have a shelf life, yours were all obviously due. I imagine the trailer has sat a long time as CMC has been dead in CA since before I got my car in 2013. I believe my car left CA in 2012. Luckily I've only ever blown up a trailer tire on a work trailer. Later checked the date code and it was 9 years old. Of course it was already downrange and I had the pleasure of dragging back whatever garbage my coworkers decided to take to Vegas. Probably didn't help that I was riding the 87mph governor on the F450 (stupid G rated tires). Those trucks don't take any shit, I'd love to have one if I could swing the price tag (we need to add a barf smiley).
I can only imagine what the fuel bill was for that! Yea this CMC car has seen occasional track time but hasnt been used regularly since 2013 as that was the last season it was raced. So I see what you are saying. It was also when there was CMC1 and CMC2 (I dont even know the differences). Anyhow. Again, sorry for the long blog.