Thread: More durable/affordable tire option?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Can everyone please post up and confirm when you’ve placed your order for the new tires, I probably will not be ordering until later in the month because we need to get the car on the Dyno first and figure out where the horsepower went. The Fact that spec Corvette is running the same tire successfully is very exciting!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am going to run the tires that I bought new for COTA at Cresson (may be a mistake). Then I am going to need a new set of something for Hallett. The way the schedule is I doubt I will run more than those two events this year (unless we end up running ECR). I doubt I will run COTA or NOLA (for two different reasons) and the Roval sounds fun but not in August (I'm a wimp when it comes to hot weather).

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Also, you can probably off load sticker RR's to AI for more than you would pay for a set of the 615's
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

To answer the question about numbers in the series, I was absolutely one of the people that probably would have lasted an additional season before having to take a sabbatical to rebuild funds. As most know there were some extenuating circumstances for this year but it would still make a huge difference for me to be able to run competitive. My first season I ran used tires that were between 8 and 20 HC. Huge savings but ran mid to rear pack. Since contingency is not a concern I vote verbally (not with my wallet yet) that commit to one (Azenis) for this season and re-evaluate at the end of the year.