Thread: Hallett Comma 2020

Threaded View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was too hot for this old man but Sunday was cooler and getting on the road home by 2:00 PM was great. I wish I could tell you guys how many time Connie and Scott told me how much they love this group. Scott said he had never seen such a close group (racing, helping each other eating and drinking together). I'm really proud of all of you. I really Missed Dustin, Gary, Pranav, Sook, Randy and Michael (sorry if I missed anyone). What happened to Corey Jones? It was so cool to have Sam at the track again. He working on his car all weekend with different issues until he found at least one injector stuck wide open and hydro-locked the engine so bad that it broke the starter nose cone! Then he makes it to a second place in the Championship race. Robert is a good racer and he kept saying how good you guys are and how fun you all are to race with. I'm almost Sure Jay could have made it a race with Daniel as I finally figured out what was wrong with the car 10 minutes prior to R4. All weekend the car would light up the right rear in the three righthanders. The Bitch was impossible to get through with any power added at all. We had to coast through the turn then wait to add power after the turn was completed. We noticed some oil on the top of the left strut and Sam had a spare so I changed it. While installing the last bolt and nut I saw the real issue and I should have known all along. The left end link spacer had punched through the washer meaning we had no front sway bar! I rigged it back together and Jay was fast as hell through The Bitch for two laps then something broke. Knocking when you start the engine even when not moving. Sounds like it's in the transmission. We will see. Either way the weekend was fun and as always I enjoyed the racing and the company.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 06-09-2020 at 05:30 PM.