Thread: CMC East of the Mississippi?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Shortcutsleeping View Post
    Hi Russ!

I'm a bit confused. While portions of the event are cancelled (drifting, ride alongs, vendor row, etc), the RACING part of the event is still on. NASA races, NASA TT as well as the GRM UTCC portion. I've spoken with the nasa folks a few times since we are looking at hauling a pair of cars there.

thanks,

Costas
    cars and such...
    You've likely spoken with Chris Cobetto, NASA MA director. Chris is a friend who has been to my house many times (we live 10 min apart).

You are correct in that the racing portion of the event will still happen and it will be very much like any other NASA MA weekend (except for the addition of the UTCC). However if you've never been Hyperfest it is HUGE. There were 30,000 spectators there last year! The thrill of that event has dropped significantly for us now.

Alot of what is driving the local CMC groups discussion around Pitt is simply the thrill of running with another entire field of equal cars. Pitt was on our calendar at the beginning of the year as an actual combined GL/MA event that would have 20+ CMC cars. Even after that joint venture was cancelled there were no conflicts with our MA schedule. Then Hyperfest (now just a regular MA event) was re-scheduled and it falls right behind the weekend we were all going to Pitt. As a group we'd love to do both but back-to-back weekends with 500 mile tows means that's not likely. ALL other classes will be at VIR for the Jul-Aug event but CMC might be absent.

Don't change/make your plans yet if a CMC field is a big factor. As a group we want to race together and will either all go to Pitt......or all go to VIR. (that decision will be made very soon)
    Last edited by t500hps; 06-23-2020 at 02:19 PM.