Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolest Moments from the Texas 2006 Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    1. The sad end to my 46 straight races at Round 7… and my first race as a spectator!

2. The 20+ people that helped get me back on track for Round 7, Jeff Brooks brought some parts to my house on Thursday, Corey R. help for numerous hours Friday and just about everyone stopped by to help out at the track Saturday.
    --- Special thanks to Marshall M, Todd C, Corey R, Jeff B, John G. and Daron B.

3. Running 4th in a race at TWS, only to pass Chris Marvel, Chris Lyons and David Irwin all in one lap with three laps to go, and then winning the race!

4. The AI-CMC group helping me change my tranny at MSRH.

5. The AI-CMC group helping me change my tranny at TWS.

6. After all the help for Round 7, getting back on track and blowing up another tranny... I see a trend here...

Senior Member Grass-Passer macstang's Avatar
    The very cool end of a nightmare weekend in Texas. (TWS)

After bending a race car, and crashing my explorer during the tow home:

To Mrs. Covini for all the help with keeping my kids while I was trying to fix the explorer.

Todd Covini for the house, ride, food, help, moral support and motivation etc.....

Rob Liebbe for the air conditioned garage with lift and air tools in order to fix my explorer on a 100 degree day, and for the awesome price connection for the explorer parts.

David love, for calling around parts houses, and offering any help he could provide.

These were cool moments.
    Jerry
    Team Warhorse-Bishop/MacNeil
    CMC Mustang #44
    Red 1993 Mustang TTB # 15

>>>>RETIRED-PENDING OVERSEAS TOUR<<<<

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    A)Helping Team Warhorse was definitely cool - a win-win situation!

B) Beating Corey by a fender at TWS to get a second place - very close racing there - and both being so excited about the whole deal.

C) Sticker Drama was fun

D) Just being there with the gang.

E) Seeing Glenn pass me in the grass with his wheels locked :shock: :shock: and having the presence of mind to avoid him at MSRH-October :lol: :lol: .

F) Shedding the junkyard dog paint job.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    This was my coolest racing moment of the Nationals.

Friday's qualifying race...Watching 3 cars bump & rub each other and pass them all on the front straight after getting a good run! Watch the mirror...one minute I'm 2 cars back....the next I'm 2 cars ahead! Presto...Chango!!! 8)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...86624720&hl=en

-=- Todd

Great video Todd. Looks like Adam had his hands full and you timed that pass just right! Bold Moves.............lol.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    I met allot of new and great people in my few events with this group. Everyone is more than willing to step up and help the fellow competitor. Sure, we cuss, fuss, bitch, call names, and just get old fashioned mad. But then it's on to the next event. "What are families for?"

I guess what most sticks out for me is my love/hate for Mid-O. It was exciting, emotional, and the most enjoyable event I can ever remember. And on the otherhand, it was cold, wet, and just plain exhausting. Can't wait to go back!!!

Boudy

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Many of mine are already on others lists. but a few that come to mind are:

Having a great team mate who truly made me feel part of a team!

Having to start at the back after missing the weigh in at MSRH, was not a highlight - but carving through the field to finish second definately was... and so was doing it all over again next day for 3rd!

Playing with Mike "Late Brake" Bell at MSRH, and my last lap pass on Nick at the Bus Stop.

Partying at Hallett on the Saturday night - in particular riding around the track in the back of Jeff's truck at sunset and Boudy's infamous Rita machine!

At Hallett, feeling the car rock from the wind as Michael Mosty rocketed past just a hair's breadth away at Stop sign on his way to a new CMC flight record!
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,gr ound. First thought after exit [ jerry is gonna be pissed ]. All the help from texas racers getting the car on the trailor. Jerry's wreck on the way home after we got shot at ten minutes before. The Covini familys hospitality. Rob's help with parts and equipment. I'm hoping for a rather dull not so exciting season next year.
    micah bishop TEAM WARHORSE CMC#44

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by micah
    sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,gr ound.
    Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing at that one.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.