Thread: Flywheel Clutch Issue

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I'd be looking at adjusting the cable too. As a point of reference, I installed an OS Given super single clutch in my car eons ago. The shifting was very notchy until the clutch bedded in, then it was good to go. You may need to wait for the flywheel to get bedded in until your feel comes back 100 percent.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I'd be looking at adjusting the cable too. As a point of reference, I installed an OS Given super single clutch in my car eons ago. The shifting was very notchy until the clutch bedded in, then it was good to go. You may need to wait for the flywheel to get bedded in until your feel comes back 100 percent.
    This. I was wondering if that could affect it. 2metal surface rubbing and one has been changed slightly.

I do have the firewall adjuster and have changed where the shop had it set as I like the clutch more at the top being as short as I am. Has not seemed to help.

Thanks for the input guys.

Senior Member Rookie
    Well I figured it out. I forgot they broke my clutch cable and replaced it. Cable was hooked to the wrong hook on the quadrant. Works better now.
    Last edited by centerville; 11-29-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Awesome. Also if you havent already, double check your tranny fluid levels. Sometimes they will spill out the tail shaft housing during removal, and then forgotten about during reinstallation. Glad you figured it out.

Senior Member Rookie
    So now under load 2nd to 3rd gear shift will not go. It goes up towards 3rd but not into gear as it gets up there it feels stiff. Also kind of gets stuck up by 3rd. I have to slow down to get the shift to complete. Tried adjusting clutch to make sure I am fully disengaged.

Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    So now under load 2nd to 3rd gear shift will not go. It goes up towards 3rd but not into gear as it gets up there it feels stiff. Also kind of gets stuck up by 3rd. I have to slow down to get the shift to complete. Tried adjusting clutch to make sure I am fully disengaged.
    I had a bunch of shifting issues at Hallett this year, ended up destroying the throw out bearing, melting the clutch spring fingers, and turning the front bearing retainer on the T5 blue. Take the shift fork cover off and try to see if anything is obviously wrong in there. Maybe the new cable is getting hung up? Can you float the gears between 2-3 without the clutch while moving?

Hopefully it's not an issue inside the box.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Rookie
    So the transmission is coming out and going to the rebuilder to see whats up. I plan to replace all hardware and bearings. Does it matter where I get the pilot and throw out bearings from? There is a lot of difference in price out there. Also what about clutch choices? This is all new to me so I don't even know where to start except maybe lightest as possible.