Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
I chatted with Charles offline a few weeks ago and he indicated the money was off the table for any development at the track primarily due to the state of the oil economy as that is who most of the current investors were from. It's also my understanding someone could walk up with cash in hand and buy the track tomorrow, you just have to get the number and have the cash. There are several issues not yet resolved with the development most of which have to do with getting a secondary method of access out of the site to the north east which would have to envoke some imminent domain and build a major road up to an existing artery. We have all heard we are closing in June and bringing in dozer story before to get someone to panic. and write a check to take it off their hands. I personally think they are trying to get Charles to finally stroke the check to buy the place...or someone else who might be on the fence. I could be wrong but in my opinion, the track isn't going anywhere. The demand in town is for apartments and condos. I've been to too many P&z meetings lately feeling with that.....NOT houses.
Everything you said sounds possible but I would hate to think I owned TWS with little chance of selling and no events scheduled after June. Maybe it's not that hard to fill it up but time keeps marching on.

Gary,
Sorry I screwed up your thread. Very cool video.

JJ