Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
Because there are more than 3 race weekends. Empirical data is showing (for some guys at least) the RRs are loosing a significant amount of time and handling characteristics after the first weekend even though they have quite a lot of rubber life left in them, about 4-5 weekends worth of rubber.

Have you not heard of the RR heat cycling issue before? It's certainly not a new topic of discussion. I wasn't around for the old RA days, having a crappy tire that's crappy for its whole life sounds perfect for this type of racing.

- Josh
I am very well aware of the heat cycling out issue. To me, that is just a question all of us have different answers to. How much do you want to spend? I have raced either every event or every event -1 in all my 13 years of racing. I have never used more than 3 sets of tires / season.

To keep racing as cost effective as possible for me I choose the events I want stickers vs the events I don't have the ability to. I raced MSRH with the same tires I ran Nationals. My plan is to use those tires for inverts at MSRC and then put stickers on for qual and Toyo races. I will then finish MSRC with 4 heat cycles on the stickers and then use them for COTA.

Do I think I am losing time vs bringing stickers to every event? Absolutely. Is it worth it to me to bring stickers to each event? Absolutely not?
All of us have different personal preferences for what we are able to spend for racing.